Indian restaurant meal :( How many syns? Feel awful. (NEWBIE)

Kantastik

It was my 21st birthday on the 3rd of this month, it motivated me to join SW (joined 6/6/13)

I'm on my second week.

And all my friends were finally free today and they planned a surprise, we ended up going to an Indian restaurant...

How many syns did I have? I feel awful, even cried a little. :( :(

I had half a plain rice, with a side of chana masala (chickpeas) and we all shared a tandoori mixed grill and a lemon chicken grill.

Now I have written it down, it doesn't seem as awful. They bought me lindt chocolates, which I have been dying to eat, but have been distributing it to EVERYONE so I wont be tempted (I am :eek::eek: )

Hey, Happy belated Birthday first of all! :)

Your thread has panicked me lol! I'm out for a curry tomorrow night for a friends Birthday.
What you had doesn't sound bad at all! Grilled meat would be free! As would the rice! And the chicken would only be the oil and sauce so I think you did really well! :)

How's it's going now? Week 4?

Kantastik, don't beat yourself up about it, and I hope you enjoyed the night out! It is remarkably low-syn really, you chose very well. The rice is free, chickpeas are free (although they may have used ghee in the cooking so best to say a couple at least to be safe). Tandoori mixed grill and lemon chicken grill are healthier options as they tend to be lean meat marinaded and grilled with very little fat. Without eating the food myself (yum yum) I can't say for definite but there is a possibility that your whole meal was freefood! Well done!

For the future, look in your books about flexi-synning. It allows you to stay in control and removes the feelings of guilt when you have a blow out, therefore making you much more successful in the long-term. The odd Lindt chocolate is allowed! On SW everything is allowed, that's the wonder of it :D

Hey, Happy belated Birthday first of all!
Your thread has panicked me lol! I'm out for a curry tomorrow night for a friends Birthday.
What you had doesn't sound bad at all! Grilled meat would be free! As would the rice! And the chicken would only be the oil and sauce so I think you did really well!
How's it's going now? Week 4?

Thank you! Lol, reading back, I gave myself such an awful time. Silly me. You know when you’re criticized for your weight most of your life, you end up being your own worst enemy.

I had my weigh in this week and hit my half a stone mark :) don't know how I did it as I've been ever so ill and been eating snicker bars (yes plural, and yes very bad, 15 syns a bar!)

How is your weight loss journey? Have you planned what you might eat tomorrow night?

Kantastik, don't beat yourself up about it, and I hope you enjoyed the night out! It is remarkably low-syn really, you chose very well. The rice is free, chickpeas are free (although they may have used ghee in the cooking so best to say a couple at least to be safe). Tandoori mixed grill and lemon chicken grill are healthier options as they tend to be lean meat marinaded and grilled with very little fat. Without eating the food myself (yum yum) I can't say for definite but there is a possibility that your whole meal was freefood! Well done!

For the future, look in your books about flexi-synning. It allows you to stay in control and removes the feelings of guilt when you have a blow out, therefore making you much more successful in the long-term. The odd Lindt chocolate is allowed! On SW everything is allowed, that's the wonder of it
C:\Users\KHADHI~1\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image002.gif

Thank you! I haven’t tried flexi syns actually, but I’ve heard people mention it. (I was being silly and gave away all of the chocolates I got, but a week or so later I discovered one stuck in the bottom of the basket lol, it tasted DELICIOUS :$ )
Going to an indo-chinese place this Sunday so I’m not sure what I am going to eat. Recommend anything?
PS. You're nearly hitting your 3 stone mark!!! (wooooo!)

Back