Indie's journey

Decided to start a diary to help me with my weight loss
Quite looking forward to it on one hand as really hate how I look.

I also have health reasons to lose weight. I had my 2nd baby 12 weeks ago tomorrow and I had gestational diabetes leading to me needing insulin injections in both pregnancies, and in the last one I became diabetic again very early (diagnosed at 14 weeks but it was definitely there earlier). Although my sugars are ok now it does put me at an increased risk of Type 2 diabetes, so a real incentive to lose weight and exercise more.

I lost 2 stone on WW prior to my wedding last August, but going to try SW this time, as 2 young children does not lead to much time to add up points, so from that perspective SW may be better. If I do struggle on SW will switch to WW though.
Unfortunately I will be doing it without meetings as I simply cannot afford it whilst on maternity leave (I have the book from my sister). So will be using this diary and hopefully people on here to act as my group!

I am also joining Ladyzone tomorrow (circuit based exercise) simply as it is at the bottom of my road and there was a groupon type offer that I found that gave me 3 months cheap membership, so hope that helps. Have also been told by my friend there is a zumba class at the church on my road so even if she doesnt come I think I may do that too (despite having the coordination of a newborn giraffe!)

I would like to lose pushing 2 stone by time I go back to work mid Jan, and hope to hit target weight by the end of next year, if not sooner

My main concern is resisting temptation to pick at the children's leftovers and I know I will need to watch my portion size with SW, but I am optimistic I will get there

So today is day one. Haven't picked best week to start as going to stay with in-laws at end of week as we are off to the Olympic Games on Sunday, but I am not expecting a spectacular loss so will see how it goes!

portion size, why do you have to watch that? As long as its superfree or free food you can eat as much as you like until you are satisfied. Only things you need to control are HE's and syns.

Back