Indigestion/Acid Reflux/Stomach pain

nikkikb

Is anyone else getting this when they slip up a bit?

In 5 weeks I have only had 3 small slip ups but each time I got a horrible pain in my upper abdomen (so where the stomach itself is) that spreads to my back. I used to get this when I was younger and had a terrible diet of takeaways and booze. The three slipups were - 2 cocktails with fruit juice on a night out, 2 glasses wine and some chestnuts, 2 slices garlic bread (obviously each of these things was on one of the nights, not all in one go!).

Anyway it is good that I have added incentive to stick to the diet but I am worried that when I need to maintain and put some of these foods back in my diet I will be in pain!

What could this be?

Not sure what causes this nikki but I experienced terrible discomfort high in my stomach when I foolishly ate a cherry muffin a couple of weeks ago, I seem to be ok with a glass of red wine ( White wine has given me stomach pains for years)

Have you been tested for anything like coeliac disease? Sounds like some sort of food allergy/intolerance to me.. Although not sure where the wine features! ;-) I had very similar problems last year which sometimes flare up, but generally low carbing seems to help? Hope you've recovered now! :)

Back