Indigestion or angina?

AmandaJayne

Trainee Maintainer
Bit of advice needed here.

I've got an appointment to see GP this afternoon to discuss a symptom I've been having for quite a while, on and off.

It is an intense pain in the jaw, neck and chest area and can happen when I'm sitting down, or moving around. I assumed it was indigestion, but it sometimes happens when I haven't had anything to eat. Last week at about 10.30 (I had had a cup of tea at breakfast time) I was walking around the playground (supervising the kids) and it came on, really strongly. It is not a burning pain, but more like cramp. In the jaw it's like toothache all over the bottom jaw. Horrible.

Chatting to my mum later she said it sounded like angina (she has this). I am shocked that I could be in line for something like this - I have been healthy for years. Even with my weight constantly yo-yoing up and down I have been basically healthy throughout. Is it all catching up with me...

It's a real wake-up call.:confused:

I am hoping that someone on Minis can reassure me.

Thanks so much.

AJ

Had a chat with the gp today and have agreed to monitor the pains if they happen again. Make a note of times, dates, to see if there is a pattern.

GP says it is unlikely to be angina, but is unsure what it could be.

Phew, that's a relief.

AJ

I'm glad the GP doesn't think it's angina AJ. Sorry I wasn't around earlier when you posted, although I probably wouldn't have helped much.

All you can do is monitor things. Have you got a follow up appointment booked?

Do you know when you're heading this direction yet? Looking forward to that coffee :D

Had a chat with the gp today and have agreed to monitor the pains if they happen again. Make a note of times, dates, to see if there is a pattern.

GP says it is unlikely to be angina, but is unsure what it could be.

Phew, that's a relief.

AJ

Thank gawd for that!!!! :hug99:

I'm glad the GP doesn't think it's angina AJ. Sorry I wasn't around earlier when you posted, although I probably wouldn't have helped much.

All you can do is monitor things. Have you got a follow up appointment booked?

Do you know when you're heading this direction yet? Looking forward to that coffee :D

Yeah, me too. My instinct was that there was nothing serious to worry about, but my mum has angina so I thought it worth checking out.

It is a bit of a mystery though. Ah well. There's plenty of life in the old dog yet:p.

Sarah, my itinerary is, Wrexham boxing day and 26th, move on to Colwyn Bay 27th - return home 30th. So, 28th or 29th we can meet for a coffee at Wetherspoons... and a chat.

See ya soon... AJ

p.s. bagsy the cream scone.;)

Sarah, my itinerary is, Wrexham boxing day and 26th, move on to Colwyn Bay 27th - return home 30th. So, 28th or 29th we can meet for a coffee at Wetherspoons... and a chat.

See ya soon... AJ

p.s. bagsy the cream scone.;)

I'm back at work on the 29th, so 28th would be better.

Cream scone's all yours - I don't do cream - easy sorted :D

Just let me know when you're about and we can sort it then :D

Thank gawd for that!!!! :hug99:

Mornin' CC

How are you today, gorgeous creature? No, don't argue.

That pic is supposed to be a frog waving to you. Not a reflection on my complexion today:p.

I am feeling fine, hun and I hope you are in fine fettle too.

I hope to see you again some time in 2009.

Luv AJ

Back