Indigestion remedies

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by fatpossum, 2 August 2007 Social URL.

1. fatpossum

fatpossum Silver Member

Hi Chaps,

I have suffered from a 'dicky tum' for a number of years - really sensitive to eating /drinking certain things (mostly nice food and champagne :sigh: - my life is sh***!!!!!).

It gets so bad that from time to time I have had to resort to various remedies both over the counter and on prescription. I am currently suffering from a bad tum and want to know whether it is okay to take indigestion remedies such as Gaviscon/Andrews and/or Omeprazole 20mg which were prescribed to me by the GP a few days ago.

I am currently SSing and very keen not to affect ketosis as I am keen to rid myself of the last few pounds before I go on holiday in a few weeks time.

A learned view on the matter would be much appreciated.

p.s. In general though my tum has been much better since I started on the VLCD (LL originally and now CD) - taking in small amounts of food keeps everything ticking alone nicely with no bloating or discomfort. Do you think I could stay on it forever?!!! (Joke :D)
  2. Avatar Matched Content

3. bo_lady

bo_lady Full Member

I am on omeprazole for my Gall Stones and have taken one a day and have not been affected by it and have stayed in Ketosis since day 4!!!

Have it helps.

Anna xx
  4. canireallydothis!!

canireallydothis!! Gold Member

I used to take gaviscon on SS and was fine x
  5. fatpossum

fatpossum Silver Member

Thanks Chaps,

Where is that box?!!
Popular Forums
  1. is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.