Induction Food Ideas Please??

Discussion in 'Atkins Diet' started by Plumjuice, 11 February 2011 Social URL.

1. Plumjuice

Plumjuice Banned

Hi all,

Im struggling to come up with things to eat and end up falling off the wagon :(
    I HATE cooking (and I only eat chicken breast and finest beef steak meat wise ((I have a phobia of bones, grizzle and fat)) so like things that involve just being put in the oven/saucepan/steamer etc which is making Atkins harder to stick too!
    Any ideas of what to eat apart from chicken and veggies?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Beth3107

Beth3107 Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st0lb
    Current Weight:
    15st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st5lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(3.13%)
    Diet:
    Atkins/low carb
    meatloaf.... i use mince steak and through in loadsa herbs n spices
    what about marinating the chicken in different rubs... like tandoori, chinese 5 spice, cajun etc.... and having it with cauli-rice.

or buying shirytaki noodles and having a chicken and veggie stirfry.

fish!!! if u dont like bones etc go to your fishmonger/fish counter and get a nice piece of monkfish...it wont have any bones in at all as monk tail only has one big bone which will be removed.

you can use philadelphia / cream / some stocks to make yummy sauces to have.

if you go on the recipe thread at the top there is loits of yummy ideas... cheeseburger pie is a fave!

4. J2BLUE

J2BLUE Low Carber

Start Weight:
    0st0lb
    Current Weight:
    0st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    0st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(NAN%)
    Fried Mushrooms
    Bacon (I know you said you don't eat meat but you can get medallions without the fat)
    Ham
    Salads
    Cheese
    Philadelphia
    Quorn (count the carbs)
    Joseph's Pitas (4g each - low carb megastore)
    Garlic butter to make chicken/veg more interesting
    Atkins ready to drink shakes (sometimes easier to remove a meal when you're lacking ideas)
    Eggs in all forms
    MiMs (recipe a sticky I think)
    Make your own burgers with lean steak mince?

To make the chicken more interesting you could get some oven bags from Sainsburys. I threw in some chargrilled chicken spice, some butter and some water and it cooked up brilliantly.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.