Induction Food Ideas Please??

Plumjuice

Banned
Hi all,

Im struggling to come up with things to eat and end up falling off the wagon :(
I HATE cooking (and I only eat chicken breast and finest beef steak meat wise ((I have a phobia of bones, grizzle and fat)) so like things that involve just being put in the oven/saucepan/steamer etc which is making Atkins harder to stick too!
Any ideas of what to eat apart from chicken and veggies?

meatloaf.... i use mince steak and through in loadsa herbs n spices
what about marinating the chicken in different rubs... like tandoori, chinese 5 spice, cajun etc.... and having it with cauli-rice.

or buying shirytaki noodles and having a chicken and veggie stirfry.

fish!!! if u dont like bones etc go to your fishmonger/fish counter and get a nice piece of monkfish...it wont have any bones in at all as monk tail only has one big bone which will be removed.

you can use philadelphia / cream / some stocks to make yummy sauces to have.

if you go on the recipe thread at the top there is loits of yummy ideas... cheeseburger pie is a fave!

Fried Mushrooms
Bacon (I know you said you don't eat meat but you can get medallions without the fat)
Ham
Salads
Cheese
Philadelphia
Quorn (count the carbs)
Joseph's Pitas (4g each - low carb megastore)
Garlic butter to make chicken/veg more interesting
Atkins ready to drink shakes (sometimes easier to remove a meal when you're lacking ideas)
Eggs in all forms
MiMs (recipe a sticky I think)
Make your own burgers with lean steak mince?

To make the chicken more interesting you could get some oven bags from Sainsburys. I threw in some chargrilled chicken spice, some butter and some water and it cooked up brilliantly.

Back