Info - My Consultant's Seminar Regarding EE 1/3 free!!

Gotcha.
I'm still reading 'fill 1/3 of your plate', as 'meal must incorporate'. Rather than the notion that the SF must actually occupy 1/3 of the plate space, rather than being in the food (as in spag bol, chilli etc)?
E/E does look confusing to me. I do 100% greens, and am glad that the book doesn't specify the 1/3 SF for Green/red.

I am hearing more and more about portion control all over various forums....and its annoying! The main attraction of slimming world is that members can eat as much free food as they like until completely satisfied and still lose weight, to be honest the idea of portion control ruins that for me. I had heard that the 1/3 must be followed for the diet to work?, and yet now hear that its to encourage portion control. If we dont need to have 1/3 to make the diet work then I certainly will not be bothering anymore and I really wish SW would be clearer!

I am hearing more and more about portion control all over various forums....and its annoying! The main attraction of slimming world is that members can eat as much free food as they like until completely satisfied and still lose weight, to be honest the idea of portion control ruins that for me. I had heard that the 1/3 must be followed for the diet to work?, and yet now hear that its to encourage portion control. If we dont need to have 1/3 to make the diet work then I certainly will not be bothering anymore and I really wish SW would be clearer!

The official SW response to this discussion does not mention portion control. It is very clear.

Extra Easy is getting rather complicated! I always assumed that the 1/3 rule was so you were having fruit and veg to counter act the amount of protein and carbs on the plate. In the same way nutritionist want you to have your plate:

Eatwell_plate08_300x300.jpg

Luckily for me I only really do Green days! But I'd like to keep the info on the Advice for Newbie's thread up to date - so thanks for this :)

I can understand the logic in that it helps to control portion sizes etc, but if I'm making a curry with mostly veg and a small amount of chicken in it, I don't see why I should pad my meal out with even more veg!!!!X

if you read back to the part of the post where the consultant has written, it states read the book and its not an additional 1/3 in addition to your food as sw incorporates the 1/3 into most menus on their recipes. This is a very confusing post to someone who has done this diet for a long time so who knows how confusing it would be for a new person

It may be an idea if the OP could add a little something to the end of the first post to clarify what was concluded later on. It is a bit of a worry if people read the first few posts and then jump to the end to add their thoughts without realising what occured further along the thread!

Back