Info - My Consultant's Seminar Regarding EE 1/3 free!!

SW has a forum on Facebook that is monitored....You get correct information there. It's worth dropping by.

Sorry if my previous mail was abrupt, but it is so upsetting when you see this sort of thing happening.

Good luck in your journeys x

SW has a forum on Facebook that is monitored....You get correct information there. It's worth dropping by.

Sorry if my previous mail was abrupt, but it is so upsetting when you see this sort of thing happening.

Is not quite a forum though, it is a fan page, you can't have discussions, you can only comment on the wall.

Hi I am a consultant of 11 years be reassured you donot have to have 1/3 superfree seperately and with every meal it is a recommendation and not set in stone .Same as when we ask you to choose lots of soeed foods .
E/E is extra easy and not a maths formula .
And yes its all counted if you choose to have it in broths, chillies, curries etc .
Carry on food optomising and remember if its not broke you dont need to fix it .
A:)

think your c is a bit confused and needs to go back for some training!! we dont do seminars we have training meetings I have been a c for 18 years and would reccommend that you visit official SW sites such as on F/B or body optimise as u are being told incorrect info and it would be a shame if you didnt lose weight because of someone elses mistake and by the way c's do know about this site have done for a while but you are know getting really bad advise good luck with ur weight losses x

This forum is also monitored by SW. The Admin team here have a very close working relationship with SW

I am a Consultant.....and absolutely appalled at this thread!
I was lead here by a Member that had read this WRONG info that you are getting.

READ YOUR BOOKS it's all there in black & white....The Web site has all the latest updates.

Anything different is made up fiction and scare mongering.

SW has the most effective eating programmes in place if followed correctly.

Its been very clear on many threads in here that members are being given conflicting and wrong information from consultants which is why people ask for clarification on here.

To say 'read your books' isnt exactly helpful and people ARE reading their books but are still getting confused.

Maybe if all consultants were giving the same information then there wouldne be so much confusion

I don't go out of my way to have 1/3 ss foods or whatever. I alwayshave veg with my meals or salad but it's not necesarily seperate on my plate. Like with spag bol, i mix in sweetcorn, onion, kidney beans etc... Thats what I class as my veg...

Being faddy about have extra 1/3 is a bit finicky in my eyes.

Its been very clear on many threads in here that members are being given conflicting and wrong information from consultants which is why people ask for clarification on here.

To say 'read your books' isnt exactly helpful and people ARE reading their books but are still getting confused.

Maybe if all consultants were giving the same information then there wouldne be so much confusion

Round of applause for Starlight. Why is this forum is getting so tetchy all of a sudden???!!!!! It doesn't make for a nice environment. If it carries on, I won't really want to hang around MM anymore :(

My SW book says (January edition)
"Fill 1/3 of your plate with Superfree Foods and make them first choice between meals. You'll naturally limit your energy intake without counting a single calorie, and you'll be enjoying a really healthy diet, making your weight loss sucess extra easy!"
Then on page 14 it says
"...eat as much as you like of all this wonderfully satisfying Free Food. Remember to fill 1/3 of your plate with Superfree Foods."
That to me suggests 1/3 superfree is a REQUIREMENT not a recommendation.
The NHS suggests its a requirement too!
Diet - Introduction
"...and fruit and vegetables should also make up one-third."

I couldn't find any up to date advice from lifeline online and the facebook page is just for advertising.

Round of applause for Starlight. Why is this forum is getting so tetchy all of a sudden???!!!!! It doesn't make for a nice environment. If it carries on, I won't really want to hang around MM anymore :(

This is the second thread that has got touchy and I have never seen it before (fair do I only joined just over a month ago!)

Lets all be happy and lose the weight together! xxxx

reply received from slimming world

Hi Michelle

Many thanks for your email.

I can confirm that there are many inaccuracies in this post and it’s always best to come back to Slimming World for advice/help.

If you’re following the Extra Easy plan fill 1/3 of your plate with Superfree Food and make it your first choice between meals.

We recommend you enjoy one third of a plate of Superfree Food at each meal. If your spaghetti Bolognese doesn’t contain a large portion of superfree veg (peppers, mushrooms, tomatoes, onions etc.) then it wouldn’t contain the 1/3 that’s recommended - so it may be a case of enjoying it with a crispy salad, or some roasted courgettes/peppers etc. It’s about looking at your meals realistically – the 1/3 recommendation is to help with weight loss, so if you’ve found your weight loss has slowed then it may be worth checking whether your meals do actually follow the 1/3 rule.

If there are times where it just doesn’t fit to have 1/3 Superfree, (eg beans on toast) then it won’t do any harm to not have it, however, remembering that superfree food is what really helps weight loss, it makes sense to enjoy this with the majority of your meals.

I hope that helps Michelle.

Best wishes

Slimming World

Weird . . . our consultant said that the 1/3 portion CAN come in the form of a fruit salad afterwards if the meal didn't lend itself to being 1/3 superfree.

Weird . . . our consultant said that the 1/3 portion CAN come in the form of a fruit salad afterwards if the meal didn't lend itself to being 1/3 superfree.

In all honesty, I think you can. Part of the reason for this 1/3 superfree is to help control portion size for those who are portion-sizedly-challenged. My understanding is that if you aren't really a veggie/salad with your dinner person for every meal, then you can have either a veggie soup first or fruit after BUT you must ensure that your main course leaves a third of a plate free where your free stuff would have been, if that makes sense, ie don't overstuff yourself on the protein/carbs.

This is my personal understanding of all that I have read. It makes sense and it's logical. To suggest you can't have it after on a separate plate is silly, almost as silly as suggesting you have your fruit salad on your plate with your meat and potato!

I think I will just stay as I have been doing. Which is adding 1/3 veg to my recipes.... In my mind it's better than I was doing before. So I have increased my veg intake. I'm not having bigger portions than I would have before so in a round about way I am still getting my 1/3 SF and recduing on everything else.

TBH though I do tend to be more of a meat and two veg kinda girl so it's not often we have something like that... It's not doing ME any harm so I'll stick to it. Interesting to know though :)

I agree with you!! I didnt normally add all these vegetable to my sauces, and now I add loads of superfree veg to them, so really I am having my 1/3 superfree vegetables and I have already reduced my portions quite substantially.

I mean I use a lot less mince in my spag bol than I used to. I was using 750G for 5 of us and now I use 500g, and before I had 750g pasta for 5 of us and now we have 500g pasta.

I dont need as much meat because I am bulking it out with tons of superfree veg. I really cannot see the difference in having the veg on the side or having it in the sauce, it all goes in the same place in the end. As I am already concious of my portions and thr portion of pasta I am having is the one SW recommends in its EE recipes!

What annoys me is that they do loads of EE recipes in their magazine but do not show 1/3 veg on the plates, the veg always seems to be part of the meal. I think this is VERY misleading!

Hi Michelle

Many thanks for your email.

I can confirm that there are many inaccuracies in this post and it’s always best to come back to Slimming World for advice/help.

If you’re following the Extra Easy plan fill 1/3 of your plate with Superfree Food and make it your first choice between meals.

We recommend you enjoy one third of a plate of Superfree Food at each meal. If your spaghetti Bolognese doesn’t contain a large portion of superfree veg (peppers, mushrooms, tomatoes, onions etc.) then it wouldn’t contain the 1/3 that’s recommended - so it may be a case of enjoying it with a crispy salad, or some roasted courgettes/peppers etc. It’s about looking at your meals realistically – the 1/3 recommendation is to help with weight loss, so if you’ve found your weight loss has slowed then it may be worth checking whether your meals do actually follow the 1/3 rule.

If there are times where it just doesn’t fit to have 1/3 Superfree, (eg beans on toast) then it won’t do any harm to not have it, however, remembering that superfree food is what really helps weight loss, it makes sense to enjoy this with the majority of your meals.

I hope that helps Michelle.

Best wishes

Slimming World

Well thank goodness for that, I stuff my sauces full of superfree veggies (more than they say) , so it appears I am doing it right...yayyy

What annoys me is that they do loads of EE recipes in their magazine but do not show 1/3 veg on the plates, the veg always seems to be part of the meal. I think this is VERY misleading!

That is so true! When I joined the C showed us some pics in the book where there was a meal in the foreground but pointed out a very blurred picture of a salad in the background lol!

Can I just ask/check *where* the original 'rumour' (?) of having to literally devote a space equaling 1/3 of your plate to SF actually came from?
I'm reading this and other threads, and it's like a textual Chinese Whispers as far as I can see...lol

Can I just ask/check *where* the original 'rumour' (?) of having to literally devote a space equaling 1/3 of your plate to SF actually came from?
I'm reading this and other threads, and it's like a textual Chinese Whispers as far as I can see...lol
On pages 10,13,14 and 26 of the new 2010 food optimising book x

Back