Info needed please :)

Feathers

Silver Member
I am 5ft 1 and weigh 14/0. I would like to get to 9st. I walk briskly on the treadmill to burn 300cals every day.

Am i right in saying 1500cals is good for me? I know our body NEEDS, 1200cals just to survive, and as i use 300cals on exercise, that's why i've said 1500.

Thankyou for any help here ;)

Also, at 1500cals per day, am i likely to lose 2lbs per week? :) I'm hoping to lose 2lbs per week between tomorrow and xmas day ;)

Blimey Feathers I must be gaining loads of bonus exercise points this week trying to keep up with what youre doing :giggle:

:rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao: oh Starlight you do make me laugh !

Quick question for you - on WW i was on 21points. As there is roughly 70cals per point, this worked out at 1470cals for me a day - i've started burning 300cals per day walking briskly on my treadmill - this would bring me down to 1170cals - is this ok? I did read somewhere that the body NEEDS 1200cals to just survive!

:lost:

1335 cals per day before your exercise.

I just saw your post, so I changed my statistics to yours on my CC program to work it out for you :)

When adding your exercise cals, they won't be the full 300 you burn off though..(I did that by mistake at first too) You only add on the difference between what you would have burned off anyway in that time, compared to the exercise you did instead. For example if you spent 1 hour burning 300 cals, then maybe you'd take off about 100 cals, as you'd have used them anyway in that hour of the day if you'd done something else?! As a rough guide you know you'll be ok if you just eat half your exercise cals!

I'm not sure I've explained that very well!! :)

Essentially, by my reckoning you should be on 1485 cals per day to lose 2 lbs a week. This changes as you lose weight though, as you need fewer cals. I'm 10.5 at the moment, and only need 1100 cals if I want to lose 2lbs a week. :eek:

I'm not sure you need 1200 calories to survive otherwise all of us on VLCD such as LL and W8 would be dead a long time ago!!

Best just check my pulse.....:character00264:

i think 1200 is a guideline for normal food diets.
Food replacement VLCD's are guaranteed to contain all you need daily in the 600 or so cals.
Everyday food, (especially salad!! :) ) might not be as comprehensive, so more calories are recommended to cover your needs.

not sure if this is a silly thing to say but if 1500 works for you then go for it. I'm aiming at about the same (im 5' 6" weigh 17st 5) and it seems to be the right amount to loose weight but not feel constantly lethargic. Im sure like all those on VLCD's will say you can survive on less but i reckon most people are happier having a few more calories than that and from practice if a diet is not a complete chore and i have more energy then im more likely to stick at it that a more aggressive diet. so if 1500 works for you then its probably the best target for you!

There is a fab website called Nutracheck that will work all this out for you. I have finished LL and am using that as a maintenance tool.

1335 cals per day before your exercise.

I just saw your post, so I changed my statistics to yours on my CC program to work it out for you :)

When adding your exercise cals, they won't be the full 300 you burn off though..(I did that by mistake at first too) You only add on the difference between what you would have burned off anyway in that time, compared to the exercise you did instead. For example if you spent 1 hour burning 300 cals, then maybe you'd take off about 100 cals, as you'd have used them anyway in that hour of the day if you'd done something else?! As a rough guide you know you'll be ok if you just eat half your exercise cals!

I'm not sure I've explained that very well!! :)

Essentially, by my reckoning you should be on 1485 cals per day to lose 2 lbs a week. This changes as you lose weight though, as you need fewer cals. I'm 10.5 at the moment, and only need 1100 cals if I want to lose 2lbs a week. :eek:

Hi munkypooh :)

Thankyou for the info there! ;) I must admit i did feel confused about the cals i burn on the treadmill...? I've actually gone up to burning 200cals twice a day. When i see the 200cals come up, to me that's me burned 200cals :confused: Otherwise, why would they have the cals you burn on any machine? I know i'm also probably not explaining myself properly either,lol!

Good luck on your weightloss and thanks again :hug99:

i think 1200 is a guideline for normal food diets.
Food replacement VLCD's are guaranteed to contain all you need daily in the 600 or so cals.
Everyday food, (especially salad!! :) ) might not be as comprehensive, so more calories are recommended to cover your needs.

Very well said munkypooh :party0048:

I was on Cambridge for 9wks and those products (as do LighterLife and others) do have everything your body needs in them :p

not sure if this is a silly thing to say but if 1500 works for you then go for it. I'm aiming at about the same (im 5' 6" weigh 17st 5) and it seems to be the right amount to loose weight but not feel constantly lethargic. Im sure like all those on VLCD's will say you can survive on less but i reckon most people are happier having a few more calories than that and from practice if a diet is not a complete chore and i have more energy then im more likely to stick at it that a more aggressive diet. so if 1500 works for you then its probably the best target for you!

Hey thankyou for your support Aliceinwonderland ;)

WLR have a minimum level of 1100, and though 1200 is often stated as the minimum elsewhere, WLR do following strict nutritional guidelines, so I should imagine 1100 would be safe.

The reason why there is this guideline is because it's difficult to get in all the nutrition you need if you have less.

With a VLCD such as CD, LL or LT, the shakes have everything you need. It's formulated to have it all with as few calories as possible.

With conventional food, you need more :)

Hi munkypooh :)

Thankyou for the info there! ;) I must admit i did feel confused about the cals i burn on the treadmill...? I've actually gone up to burning 200cals twice a day. When i see the 200cals come up, to me that's me burned 200cals :confused: Otherwise, why would they have the cals you burn on any machine? I know i'm also probably not explaining myself properly either,lol!

Good luck on your weightloss and thanks again :hug99:

When I'm at the gym with my weight etc logged into the crosstrainer, it tells me I burn about 650 cals in an hour. Weightlossresources tells me I burn 388 cals in an hour on the crosstrainer.... I think it's just a conservative estimate of the effort put in, minus the cals I would have burned anyway....? :confused:

Back