Extra Easy Info needed!!!

alioreilly

Hi, I am planning on starting sw on Friday but can't afford the classes at the mo. I really need to get my head round the idea of being able to eat freely the foods I like such as pasta, extra lean mince etc. Would like to ask a little question - can I have cold meat or potatoes as a snack instead of or as well as fruit? Also, is corned beef free or syns? And lastly, does anyone know where I can get a food directory cheap? They cost way too much on ebay. Thanks in advance for any replies. Hope you don't mind all the questions! I am sure that there will be many more in time to come, lol.

Yeah you can snack on cold meat/potatoes but u still have to eat 1/3 superfree with that.

You can use your syns on whatever you like. I like to save mine for treats like choc or ice-cream. But sometimes I use them on little bits during the day... Like today I used some on tomato sauce and cheese which were added to meals.

Not sure about sw books, maybe try preloved?

Congrats on getting started.

Do you know someone who is at sw?
You could always ask them to get you a book maybe. The directory is about £9 there!
Corned beef has to be syned. It's not free

Have you thought of asking your doctor to see if they do slimming on referral - that way you could get a voucher for 12 weeks.

Focus on the free foods and it'll all fall into place!

Just another thought - The red and green plans mean you can snack on free, but not superfree foods inbetween meals. So on a green day you can snack on green free foods between meals and likewise red days.

Just another thought - The red and green plans mean you can snack on free, but not superfree foods inbetween meals. .
Actually the superfree foods are the best ones to snack on whatever plan you are on. Superfree is nearly all your fruit and veg !!!!!

Ooh I meant as well as superfree!

I know superfree is best, but snacking on free foods on both the red and green day has made them work very well for me in the past - it's part of the plan, so may as well use it if it works!

I just looked on ebay and there are people selling cd roms with the complete slimming world pack on which would give you everything you need. One person is selling it for 99p!! the other £4.99.

For something that is not available electronically from SW I would be dubious of the quality of the information which would actually be contained on the CD. I doubt this would contain genuine information.

Just had another look at the £4.99 one, the photo's when I went in to the ad would suggest that the seller is using the online slimming world website and downloading the pages from there.
How about going to just the first group to get all the books etc and then not going back?

They're just the books scanned in and made into .pdf files. My mate bought one off ebay and they were exactly the same as my books. Bad they're doing it though, must be illegal/copyright?!

hello and welcome, Im new to this to and I'm thinking of starting on extra easy but Im a little confused by a post above.
I understand 1/3 of my main meals need to be superfree but when having a snack between meals do these need to be 1/3 superfree as well or can I just snack on all superfree and or all free foods?

Last edited:
Hi!
Sorry to butt in - just wanted to say that i started slimming world with the 99p starter pack on ebay and apart from this site i have never used anything else! It gave me everything i need so dont be worried that you wont get the right info! :)
xxxxx

Hi!
Sorry to butt in - just wanted to say that i started slimming world with the 99p starter pack on ebay and apart from this site i have never used anything else! It gave me everything i need so dont be worried that you wont get the right info! :)
xxxxx

But what about the food directory that contains alot of information?

Back