Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Initial weight gain, adjustment?

Discussion in 'Atkins Diet' started by NinjaPro, 27 June 2011 Social URL.

1. NinjaPro

NinjaPro Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st3lb
    Current Weight:
    10st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st5lb
    Lost(%):
    0st9lb(5.73%)
    Diet:
    Atkins
    Hi all,

Im just wondering if you could help me with this?

I always weigh myself; Monday, Wednesday and Friday. I always do it at practically the same time and always on the same scales. Given that I know our bodies weight fluctuates throughout the day.

Now, I weighed myself in this morning and it seems I have put on a 1lb. :confused:

I did have a mini 'blowout' Sat night as I was starting Atkins WOE yesterday (Sunday)....BUT I know that, that couldnt have caused it and on my Day 1 Induction I know I only consumed 1200 + some calories. So I KNOW that isnt it either!! Not that I count the cals, but it appears in my tracker.

Also I do workout 5-6 days a week. Do alot of weights too etc.

I have been drinking tons of water. Im dead thirsty, plus its hot. I consumed about 1.5l this morning alone at the gym.

Do you think I'm retaining water? Does this happen before you go into Ketosis? Like an adjustment period? lol

I really feel loads better already, kind of 'light and flowy' and not particuarly hungry either.

Thanks to all who answers :)

Last edited: 27 June 2011
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Leanne1

Leanne1 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    14st10lb
    Current Weight:
    13st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st3lb(8.25%)
    Diet:
    Low carb
    Yeah, this is why you shouldn't weigh so often. Weight fluctuates constantly but over a longer length of time it will take one direction.:)

4. BlackRose

BlackRose Gold Member

Start Weight:
    15st0lb
    Current Weight:
    15st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Boots Slender Shakes
    Yeah it could well be water retention, and it could also be muscle mass considering you work out a lot. try, if you can, to weigh in just once a week and you'll see the difference. Well done on getting going!

5. BlackRose

BlackRose Gold Member

Start Weight:
    15st0lb
    Current Weight:
    15st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Boots Slender Shakes

leanne, is there any chance of you weighing in...just once? lol. You're bound to have a good one! Go on go on go on! ;)

6. NinjaPro

NinjaPro Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st3lb
    Current Weight:
    10st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st5lb
    Lost(%):
    0st9lb(5.73%)
    Diet:
    Atkins
    Yes, I think I agree!! I only did it because Monday was my original day, then Wednesday my mother-in-law does hers....and so I would do mine....Then Friday my mate would do hers...so AGAIN I would do mine...this all takes place at the gym btw. Its like a routine now pmsl!

But yes, I agree! I'm not too worried because my clothes feel loose and thats the main thing!

It was just a shock, I think because I've been slogging my guts out at the gym!

Thanks for the replies! I feel abit better now :)

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.