Insane Ramblings on Route to being Fit & Fabulous Forever

I think you're completely inspirational and are doing so well. You're an absolute success story - you're making it happen right now! No excuses , no going back - you're full on exercising and you've got your eating under control.

I had a weight problem some time ago and lost about 5 and a half stone. I have stayed around 9 and a half stone for several years now and the bad news is, I still fill my trolley with junk food and yes, I still eat it as well. The urges to overeat never go away. Which I kind of didn't expect! I thought being slim would just end all of the previous issues - it doesn't. It's harder to maintain than it is to diet.

I run 5k three times a week and I eat healthily with no snacking during the week. I allow myself whatever I fancy at the weekend. This works in maintaining my weight and it'll work for you to.

Put the ice cream where it belongs - in the outside bin, not the human bin. Ice cream will still be available when you're at the weight you want to be.

You've done a sterling job so far ( and something that not many people would be capable of doing ) so keep on keeping on and you'll be there before you know it

Started ruminating that been doing SW since April last year & been on it all the time. Yes had meals or days were over or not strictly on plan but all in control & planned cheats & therefore compensated for. So was thinking I deserved a blowout.

WTF why does anyone ever deserve that?!

Oh heck.... now please tell us your diversion tactics worked and you've made it through without a blowout? Its horrible when we get in that kind of mindset and its like fighting with the devil in your head that is talking you into stuffing yourself silly.
Well done on putting all that stuff back on the shelves except the icecream. I hope its in that outside bin by now, or flushed down the sink with hot water quickly (yes I've done that!)
I don't like wasting food but in this case, I'd say its better than eating it. Unless you can give it to your skinny neighbour :) xx

I think you're completely inspirational and are doing so well. You're an absolute success story - you're making it happen right now! No excuses , no going back - you're full on exercising and you've got your eating under control.

I had a weight problem some time ago and lost about 5 and a half stone. I have stayed around 9 and a half stone for several years now and the bad news is, I still fill my trolley with junk food and yes, I still eat it as well. The urges to overeat never go away. Which I kind of didn't expect! I thought being slim would just end all of the previous issues - it doesn't. It's harder to maintain than it is to diet.

I run 5k three times a week and I eat healthily with no snacking during the week. I allow myself whatever I fancy at the weekend. This works in maintaining my weight and it'll work for you to.

Put the ice cream where it belongs - in the outside bin, not the human bin. Ice cream will still be available when you're at the weight you want to be.

You've done a sterling job so far ( and something that not many people would be capable of doing ) so keep on keeping on and you'll be there before you know it

What a lovely and heartfelt post. Well done on keeping on top of your weight and an inspiring post for us all. :)

Well done on putting back all that stuff you were going to get (sort of things i would have picked up!)
But the ben & jerrys....was that Tescos?.....i see them half price in there the other week- nearly got some!(on another day i actually bought some and had it all to myself greedily with much regret to wether i would get back on track too- was quite hard)!
did you manage to bin it?
OR are you thinking you have the will power to measure & syn it?.....would be a hard thing to do!

as for seeing your neighbour, i can understand that, I think we all at some point feel that way wether we are slim or not..... somehow 'inferior' to others,when in reality we all have 'worth' x

don't let it get you down you have done superbly well to get where you are now, and like me if you eat it all you will regret it, prob still get back on track , but it will only make you feel good temporarily......much better to have small treats than one big one! :)....in the long run anyway!

chin up, and carry on , think of that goal!
xx

Oh babes - not eating any B&J is a MAJOR victory in itself! Why not leave it outside the door of the skinny arsed neighbour? :D

The person who comes up with the cure all for those days when we don't feel the love for tomatoes and spinach and just want to scoff chocolate and ice cream will make millions! Because it happens to us all, often, and at every stage of the weight loss journey, annoyingly!

When I think of you it's all about how amazingly successful you have been - and will keep on being! You're so lovely and supportive to me and everyone else here, because you know what works and what doesn't to help weight loss - but you also know that we all stumble from time to time, and just need a hug and to be told it will be OK. But when it happens to you it's harder to remember that. Big hugs, lovely! It WILL be OK, you will get past this and you will never put that weight back on!

Put a before and after pic of yourself on the fridge and whenever you think of skinny arsed neighbour, run to the fridge and just let yourself marvel at how well you've done. Also remember how healthy you feel, how fit you are from all the running and that feeling of exhilaration it gives you :D xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

You have done so well hun, i wish there was a switch we could just turn off for liking certain food!

xxx

Yay! Well done :) Fantastic will power!!

Thanks so much and as Cloudy says what fab inspiration for us. Have managed to give away the ice cream and hoping not to be tempted to buy more next time I shop! Lots of people say maintaining is harder which is worrying but a problem I'd like to get a chance to deal with. I quite like the idea of strict diet in week and bit of leeway at weekend plus I aim to keep up the exercise as I really love it. Thanks for dropping in and helping me at a difficult time :)

Its horrible when we get in that kind of mindset and its like fighting with the devil in your head that is talking you into stuffing yourself silly.

Unless you can give it to your skinny neighbour :) xx

It was so weird as totally came out of the blue. Note to self never go shopping hungry again! Yup she could do with some fattening up if only to make me happy :8855:

OR are you thinking you have the will power to measure & syn it?.....would be a hard thing to do!

chin up, and carry on , think of that goal!
xx

I wish I could portion up bad things. Oddly I can with some things eg have bag of Daim mini eggs & I'm fine with only having a couple and although bag open rest are wrapped but don't think I could do that with a big bar of chocolate where once open is all available (or with the ill advised B&J purchase in Morrisons for those wanting to get some :p)

Focusing on where I want to be not wear I am!

Oh babes - not eating any B&J is a MAJOR victory in itself! Why not leave it outside the door of the skinny arsed neighbour? :D

When I think of you it's all about how amazingly successful you have been - and will keep on being! You're so lovely and supportive to me and everyone else here, because you know what works and what doesn't to help weight loss - but you also know that we all stumble from time to time, and just need a hug and to be told it will be OK. But when it happens to you it's harder to remember that. Big hugs, lovely! It WILL be OK, you will get past this and you will never put that weight back on!

Put a before and after pic of yourself on the fridge and whenever you think of skinny arsed neighbour, run to the fridge and just let yourself marvel at how well you've done. Also remember how healthy you feel, how fit you are from all the running and that feeling of exhilaration it gives you :D xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Loving everyone wanting me to sabotage the neighbour!

Thank you for such lovely words. I don't know what I'd do without this place :eek: Have just had some pictures printed off as someone in class asked me to bring some in. Might stick them on fridge. I do love the exercise & wish I could do some at every weak moment but not practical!

You have done so well hun, i wish there was a switch we could just turn off for liking certain food!
That would be fab wouldn't it?!

Great diary.. Wishing you all the best..
Thanks & love your name :D

Yay! Well done :) Fantastic will power!!

Regretted it as I did it but actually was no way it was a good idea having it so close. Just wish I didn't live 5 minutes from the supermarket :rolleyes:

Evening, still hanging on in there with lots of craving for naughty stuff!

Have had some lovely big meals in the hope I end up so full that I wont succumb. Including a plate of chilli and rice for tea that should have fed several people :p

Went shopping - mainly to look at treating myself to a new iphone 6 but ended up being confused by the salesmans pitch so didn't get one! Need to do some more searching for my best option. I also looked at the last bits in sales in a few places.

Bought a nice Phase 8 top for my lunch out on Friday. Slightly snug but will be good to feel as if in something that fits just need to work out what bottoms work best with it. At the minute I'm rocking the baggy / belted look most of time :rolleyes:

Had a lovely run this morning then did 2 different abs workouts and a boxing one. I'd love to be able to fit that in everyday. Going to work is so inconvenient :8855:

Hoping my funny mood is going to disappear soon & thanks to all for such lovely support. It really does help :grouphugg:

It is definitely a good idea to focus on where you are going to be!! And you have done amazingly well :) You did the right thing getting rid of it, if having it close is a bad idea. I know that if I buy any kind of ice cream I won't be able to stop myself scoffing the lot!! You will get through this phase, it is only natural to have them occasionally :)

Have had some lovely big meals in the hope I end up so full that I wont succumb. Including a plate of chilli and rice for tea that should have fed several people :p

That was my tactic tonight :D Unfortunately as I was eating my humungus serve of chicken pasta bake, I caught myself actually thinking about the Hifi bar I'd have later FFS....:p

Sxxx

Anything in particular put you off the iphone 6? am thinking of one of those or a samsung galaxy s5 next month when i can upgrade :)

Well done in getting rid of the Ben & jerrys, better than me! :D
I really need to fit some more exercise in....these late finishes at work lately leave very little time in the evening to do anything!

good on the exercise for you again :)

I always exercise in am - when I'm working it means being up & out between 4 & 5am!!

I still want iphone 6 - have had them now since second ever version. It was more about the deal / data issues! He confused me cause I thought I knew I'd researched & picked best deal!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com

4 & 5 am ??!!!! Jeezzzzz!
I wouldn't have much sleep or other spare time!:D

I 'usually' go to bed at approx 11pm, up by 5.30-45 am, at work for 6.15 am, home if like tonight 7pm.....that leaves very little time for much else :sigh:
only time i get 'more' time is sat/sun.... oh well:sad0071:
when i get home & sit down on pc....it's hard to get up and go do stuff again :D

You did so well not to eat the ben and jerrys hun xxxx

4 & 5 am ??!!!! Jeezzzzz!
I wouldn't have much sleep or other spare time!:D

when i get home & sit down on pc....it's hard to get up and go do stuff again :D

I'm very lucky as only really need 4 or 5 hours sleep :)

I'm the same by time I'm home at 7 ish I want my dinner and then the idea of exercise is a no go. The KB are really good as a brief workout does cardio and strength. Plus you're on the go at work whereas I'm sat at a desk for 12 hours so my steps would be scarily few! If I didn't drink so much coffee and need loo breaks because of that I'd do none :8855:

You did so well not to eat the ben and jerrys hun xxxx

I still can't believe it. Have to nip to Morrisons later but only going to veggie section and nowhere near ice cream aisle (or the biscuit one as a friend just told me they do Cadburys cream egg biscuits that are on offer there at the moment!!)

Back