Insanity workout

Hi,

I haven't done it but my friend does it every day and swears by it.

You dont need to be very fit to start it.

The first dvd a fitness test is done to see where you are at.

My friend lost 3KG in the first 2 weeks of doing this but should be very very fit already and toned.

OMG yes you do have to be already at a fit stamina, My sisters boyfriend is a personal fitness trainer and he needed something that would give him an intense workout when he wasnt in the gym, he got the beachbody insanity workout, it ended up working him out but he enjoyed every moment of it. so i would recomend you do the tony hortons power 90 as a beginner it gives a good workout and garantees fat loss gain lean muscles results and it starts of for begginers and work your way up but the only think id the program recommends doing it 6 days a week for 90 days OUCH

Currently I am doing Jillian Michaels 30 day shred as its intense but shorter. I plan to do insanity when I am about 200lbs ie. fitter!

jillian micheals is amazing!! i just love her. Ive got her 30 day shred , her bannish fat boost metbolism and no more trouble zones i havent started on any yet as at the moment im doing beachbody slim in 6 which is really really good.

OMG yes you do have to be already at a fit stamina, My sisters boyfriend is a personal fitness trainer and he needed something that would give him an intense workout when he wasnt in the gym, he got the beachbody insanity workout, it ended up working him out but he enjoyed every moment of it. so i would recomend you do the tony hortons power 90 as a beginner it gives a good workout and garantees fat loss gain lean muscles results and it starts of for begginers and work your way up but the only think id the program recommends doing it 6 days a week for 90 days OUCH

I totally agree! You do have to be quite fit already as it's really not for the faint hearted. I used to think this was easier than P90x as I love cardio, but when you take a long break from exercising and then try to get back to it, the insanity workouts just get tough and then it's back to square one to try and progress. P90x is easy when you try and get back into it, but Insanity, wow. The warm up itself is more like a test, especially the last set. It's always in 3 sets, the first is the slowest, then it's faster, and then the third is fastest. And you do like 5-7 different exercises in each set, all 30 seconds each. The first set is the warm up, but the second and last is more like part of the workout too. I say the warm up is like a test, because if you can't get through that, then you're more likely to sit the rest of the intense workout out.

Some of the workouts are quite easy compared to others, but even those are not for beginners. (You do a lot of jumping in most which is not good for your joints if you're a beginner or very overweight). You especially would get out of breath easily, hence give up. The Max ones are hardest, my favourite is the sports one. Unlike P90x, there are no 'beginner alternatives' in Insanity, so you do what everyone else does, only if you're a beginner, you could start off low and do more reps as you progress I guess. I currently do this with P90x and alternate. I don't follow the plan as such, but make up my own as I go along, but it really does work.

Better than Jillian Michaels and P90x if you're looking for results. (I've done both and they're really not as intense or as good). I think with this, it's all about the will power. If you have the will power to go on and finish it, because trust me, throughout each workout you'll get to bits where you just want to give up and rest, or just want to stop but you have to stay determined. That's what I always do, just stay focused and remind myself why I'm doing it, and by the end when I'm drenched in sweat, I feel so happy. I just try to follow Tania, (she's the Asian girl), as I find her to be the one with the most stamina and determination out of all the others.

I'm not gonna lie and say that I've got a high fitness level, but when I started this, I was doing HIIT on the treadmill and jillian michaels 30DS, but they just seemed too easy. I got to level 3 on jillian michaels and it wasn't doing much tbh, so I already built up some fitness beforehand. That, with my determination, meant that I was right on track for Insanity. I sometimes skip some exercises, like the push ups (as i can't do the proper ones) but I give it my all for the main bits. In some workouts, the push ups and stuff do take up most of the workout, so I usually have an alternate workout when that's the case.

EDIT: I'm not trying to scare you away, I just think for safety reasons and success reasons, you should build up some fitness first.

Angel)You must be super fit!! Well done i have thought about the insanity after i complete alot of the beachbody collection dvds but as far im going to will be the p90x becuase ive seen the insanity and the warm up section ended up being my entire workout!! I dont know how these people do it but i do admire them.

Angel)You must be super fit!! Well done i have thought about the insanity after i complete alot of the beachbody collection dvds but as far im going to will be the p90x becuase ive seen the insanity and the warm up section ended up being my entire workout!! I dont know how these people do it but i do admire them.

I'm really not! My body is super tired by the end of some workouts, and tired by the end of some warm ups (hehe), but I keep going not because I'm fit, but because I'm really determined to shift all this fat off lol. When I skip some of the stuff, I try and make up alternate moves, so that I'm not losing out. When I get stitches, or I just wanna quit, I always set a number in my head and stick to that. It's what I do with P90x too. So when they do the back exercises and do pull ups/chin ups, I always say I'm gonna do 15 minimum, sometimes I do more, sometimes I do 15 exactly, but I never do less. I have a little fitness, but by far not enough or not 'super fit' at all. :p I guess it's all in the head. It's how much you want it that makes all the difference. It goes with all workout programs, not just Insanity.

I like the motto in P90x: Do your best and forget the rest.

Good luck with P90x. Plyometrics is a killer in that, more than Insanity's plyometrics haha. The only workout I'd say that really kicks my butt big time. With the others, you can convince yourself or motivate yourself to go on, give yourself one last burst of energy. With P90x plyometrics, your legs are gone halfway/3 quarters, so you can't literally go on. This is what I find anyway. I did it yesterday and my legs still kill lol.

Really well done to you with the determination and motivation.At the moment im buliding up my stamina.About 2 months ago I bought davinas macalls fitness dvd the power of 3 and body super fit i couldnt do the first 10 mins without coughing and spitting. I gave it up and got so fustrated with myself. so i ended up doing the wii fitness everyday. Whilst doing that I was searching the internet for sucsess storys to motivate me i came across the site the beachbody.com site and seen so many people that was overweight as me lost so much weight by completing these workouts which had to be done for 6 days for max 16 weeks, so i challenged myself and thought if these people can do it and is just as overweight or even alot older (my grandmother old) then i can so i got it started with slim in 6 do that everyday for 6 weeks having one rest day, 3 phases beginners, medium and intense even the beginners is more intense then davinas dvds. result= im soo proud of myself most of the brits think that davina was hard and gives you a good work out but its nothing compared to the beachbodys im in my 3rd week of doing the medium intense work out which is none stop for 48 mins of fast cardio, lunges,squats and plies and i havent missed a day part from my rest days. I feel soo AMAZING, so ive also got chaleans extreme,brazilian butt lift,tony hortons 90 days which you could do before his next stage which is p90x, turbo jam and turbo fire. all of them for 6days none stop for 13 weeks or more and my challenge is to complete all of them to get me ready for the p90x BRING IT so angel how long have you been doing the work outs for now?

Really well done to you with the determination and motivation.At the moment im buliding up my stamina.About 2 months ago I bought davinas macalls fitness dvd the power of 3 and body super fit i couldnt do the first 10 mins without coughing and spitting. I gave it up and got so fustrated with myself. so i ended up doing the wii fitness everyday. Whilst doing that I was searching the internet for sucsess storys to motivate me i came across the site the beachbody.com site and seen so many people that was overweight as me lost so much weight by completing these workouts which had to be done for 6 days for max 16 weeks, so i challenged myself and thought if these people can do it and is just as overweight or even alot older (my grandmother old) then i can so i got it started with slim in 6 do that everyday for 6 weeks having one rest day, 3 phases beginners, medium and intense even the beginners is more intense then davinas dvds. result= im soo proud of myself most of the brits think that davina was hard and gives you a good work out but its nothing compared to the beachbodys im in my 3rd week of doing the medium intense work out which is none stop for 48 mins of fast cardio, lunges,squats and plies and i havent missed a day part from my rest days. I feel soo AMAZING, so ive also got chaleans extreme,brazilian butt lift,tony hortons 90 days which you could do before his next stage which is p90x, turbo jam and turbo fire. all of them for 6days none stop for 13 weeks or more and my challenge is to complete all of them to get me ready for the p90x BRING IT so angel how long have you been doing the work outs for now?

If I have to be truly honest, I don't stick to their plan, I do whichever workout I'm upto (sometimes it's the really hard ones, other times it's the 'so and so' ones), and I've been doing it on and off for a couple of months now. It's only been since October where I'm properly dedicating my time to it and ensuring I do a couple of sessions per week (5-6). I've made a couple of promises to myself so I've kept to that, and haven't been eating things like white bread, white rice etc. since October. When I first started doing the insanity workouts a couple of months ago, i found that although some weeks i was getting results, the week after i'd have a bad week food wise and my results were going down the drain. Since October though, my food intake has been really strict, so I'm finding that my results are more permanent, so it's not going up and then down like it used to, it's consistent. People don't realise that with weight/fat loss it's not even 50/50 in terms of diet and exercise, it's more 60% diet and 40% exercise, and it's as much your calorie consumption/type of calorie consumption that affects your results as well as your exercise. I'm not a good role model though in terms of Insanity and P90x as I haven't been sticking to their calendar so I'm not the best person to go on in terms of their results, but the way I've been doing it since October has worked so it all just depends on whether you're willing to do 4+ sessions per week of high intensity no matter what it is. Last week I only did 3/4 sessions (was having aches and pains), but I feel really guilty as I've been trying to stick to 5+ sessions per week.

Well done to you though, on the weight loss and for being so motivated and determined! Haha, i wouldn't mind doing all workouts on the beachbody site too, though I downloaded a few, but i don't like a couple of them. And I don't think I could keep with it lol. But the slim in 6 sounds good! If you think P90x is the ultimate test, then you'll definately love Insanity. ;)

Back