Insanity Workout

Lol even worse than the fat photos' - on holiday the kids video recorded me and their Dad running and jumping into the pool... I was sunburned and blotchy with a startling resemblence to Mr Blobby running (all the lumpy bits jiggling) and jumping into the pool :eek:

Oh.....My.....God....

That scene is etched on my memory forever lol, I've gotta laugh about it, otherwise I could be upset. That was the realisation that I'm perhaps a bit larger than I was imaginging (denial

x Kaz
(blobby...blobby...blobby!)

blobby blobby blobby lmao too funny :) its true u gotta laugh or you would cry!

hi
cant believe i didnt notice this thread.
i am doing insanity and its really hard, i had a break (which you arent meant to do) over the 2 week easter period and i feel awful for it
after 3 weeks i noticed a difference, not so much in weight but in shape, things were fitting better and i was a little more comfortable to show my belly in that lovely weather we had
but then the bbq's started
iv not put back on 7lbs and i am devostated i had the break.
insanity is brilliant, but there are others if you dont like to excersize sooooooo much, like 10 minute trainer, that is a beachbody dvd and its the same guy who does p90x, you can do ten mins or stack them up, it has a schedule too, also hip hop abs thats shaun t same as insanity and its quiet fun.
i will be doing these when i have done insanity watch this space xx

Hi Gem,

Insanity looks tough but great - love the before and after's on You Tube, its really motivating! P90X is tough enough for me at the moment; Plyometrics tonight :eek:

I'm not doing the P90X diet though but am vaguely lo-carbing. I've just bought some Avid-shakes to meal replace and am going to see how I get on with that.

Haven't noticed any visible changes on body yet, feel physical changes - a lot stronger on doing routine last night and able to do a lot more of the ab exercises.

Hope your insanity routines go well! Good to hear from someone who's doing a similar routine - not many people heard of the Beachbody website :sigh:

x Kaz
(bringing it...blobby...blobby blooby lol)

Whoah, plyometrics diznae get any easier - that was a grueller !

I was looking for a thread for this actually..
I have it, I watched the first day and OMG!...

I planned to go through it at me pace for a month.. so I KNOW I have the form right for the exersizes because I think if I do them and not right it wont do any good... and then the second month im going to do it hell for leather

I expect to need in a few months time to be hitting a wall anyway

Hi Louisa

Definitely a good idea to watch the routines first - I did and it makes all the difference. Are you doing the p90 or insanity? Two weeks into p90x and today for the first time I've weighed myself and I'm 1/2 stone lighter and I can see loads of upper body muscle changes whoah! Bring it! That's given me the incentive to keep pressing play ;0)

Insanity

My husband saw it and said it looked mental and since im mental i had to have ti haha

I was actually quite impressed with the dvd because it wasnt just people making it look easy... at the back was a guy who looked like he was dieing and it actually made me wanna do it more nothing worse then seeing people who all make it look easy when your struggling lol

watching it i did get cocky and think wow those suicide drills look so easy... till i tried a few lol

I finished insanity last week and my body is more defined than when i started, also lost some weight. I'm now planning on doing a hybrid of P90x and Insanity, so P90x this week, Insanity next week and so on. I've got to say P90x is absolutely nothing compared to Insanity. The workouts that I've done so far I was able to complete without taking any breaks whereas with Insanity you're literally forced to take breaks especially with the max workouts. But that might be more to do with the fact that Insanity is focused on cardio and P90x more on weight training and also the fact that all those push ups in Insanity prepared me for the push ups and weight workouts in P90x. But even then Insanity is physically harder.

If you're looking for more fat loss do Insanity. Trust me it's worth it.

Good luck to everyone else.

Insanity does sound really tough - I hope that I'll get to the stage where I'll be able to do it. P90x is enough for me at the moment lol, I can just do the plyometrics,legs and kenpo now without stopping - having to start using hand weights for kenpo now (I know it says dont but I feel I need to turn it up a bit)

Iam struggling like crazy with the press ups - still doing assisted, how do you get on with the press ups in insanity?

Just bought turbojam for a bit of variety was thinking about adding one or two routines of theirs in a week. BUT have also seen turbofire which looks even more fun...spoilt for choice :)

Measured myself today and have lost 1 inch on my waist -yipee! and 1/2 on my hips.

Bring it !:p

I love the idea of really burning the fat with insanity, I think its going to be really useful in a few months especially when i get towards the end of my weight loss journey.

Jurbojam im not finding too intence so i think i might need something between jurbojam and insanity, but I don't fancy the look of P90x for somereason where as insanity and turbojam i was like I GOTTA HAVE IT p90 i was like meh lol

I might have a look at turbofire

Toning ups got to be a huge part of my weight loss because its all baby bobbly bits (hips belly boobs) and if i just loose weight i might have a sag going on which I dont want

Just watched some turbofire... I GOTTA HAVE IT lol

Well I will be waiting till my 2 months of turbojams done then it will be turbofire for the 12 weeks lol and then insanity I hope to loose my weight in 6 months anyway so this will take me upto then :D

Turbofire looks super awesome! Me needs it but gotta finish p90x first - just got 60 days to go lol.

Plan is to get strong enough to do unassisted press ups with p90x - maybe by the time I've finished that programme I'll feel able to do insanity !

Impressed with self for sticking to exercising for more than a day or two lol

you should be!, esp something quite intense!

the donuts er...and the wine whoops

I'm going to have to 'bring it' extra this week after today I think lol. Today not going as planned diet wise...3 co-op custard donuts later bleurgh why do i do it? last night wasnt great either after a bottle of sauvignon blanc after 3 weeks wine free :(

Youre right about the Turbojam its a bit 'meh' when it should be 'whoohoo!' something in between would be just right.

I've been reading up and I can extend my phase 1 of P90X and also add 'doubles' in there so I can do the Cardio X 3 mornings a week too.

Think am going to need it due to vino et donut binge :eek:

Got heart set on being able to do Turbofire or Insanity at some point....

Kaz
(feels sick, self inflicted donut eating obsessional disorder)

Today not improving. I've turned into an eating machine :0/

Doubling up this week with 3 cardio x workouts to make up

Insanity does sound really tough - I hope that I'll get to the stage where I'll be able to do it. P90x is enough for me at the moment lol, I can just do the plyometrics,legs and kenpo now without stopping - having to start using hand weights for kenpo now (I know it says dont but I feel I need to turn it up a bit)

Ha yeh, before I heard of Insanity, I read about P90x and saw my brothers doing it and they had some amazing results (they did it to bulk up rather than lose weight). Back then I did one or two workouts of P90x and I found them doable but quite hard. For example in Plyometrics I'd have to reduce the number of repeats in the various sets, but now after having done Insanity, all the moves in P90x seem like easy stuff and I have no need to take breaks. Yoga X which used to make me sweat a bit is just so boring now. I guess after doing Insanity for 2 whole months, I got so used to having my heart rate constantly up.

Iam struggling like crazy with the press ups - still doing assisted, how do you get on with the press ups in insanity?
Well when I decided to do Insanity and follow the plan, I also decided to do the workout how they do it. I already had my arms toned up a bit from beforehand and I asked my brother once whether my form for a push up was correct and he said yes it was perfect, so thats when I knew I was ready and because they don't have no beginner moves like P90x, well there is no alternative so I just did what they did. The hard thing about Insanity especially in month 2, is that everything is so intense, so when you put it all together it kills you as you have to repeat all the sets 3 times, so by the end your body is literally gone lol.

Just bought turbojam for a bit of variety was thinking about adding one or two routines of theirs in a week. BUT have also seen turbofire which looks even more fun...spoilt for choice :)

Measured myself today and have lost 1 inch on my waist -yipee! and 1/2 on my hips.

Bring it !:p
I did some workouts of TurboFire before Insanity, and it is fab aswell. Not as hard as Insanity, but better than P90x in my opinion. It's also fun which is a plus.

Well done on the loss. :)
P90x is done for this week. Going to be doing Insanity next week, and then P90x again and so on until 1st july as i go on holiday on the 2nd of july. Can't wait. :) Will get back to doing my fitness regime when I come back.

...they don't have no beginner moves like P90x, well there is no alternative so I just did what they did.

I did some workouts of TurboFire before Insanity, and it is fab aswell. Not as hard as Insanity, but better than P90x in my opinion. It's also fun which is a plus.

QUOTE]

Hiya,

Blimey you sound like you're doing really well on this programme!

I've got to week 4 of P90X, Yoga today which went really well its getting easier and easier. I really do feel that I could do with another week of 'push' up practice to prepare for phase II of p90x as I've heard a lot of it is floor work. Still haven't mastered 'under the fence' which is really annoying me :( but really noticing the changes now. I didn't expect to see any 30 day changes but yep, I have muscles, knew they were in there somewhere lol. My strength is improving day by day, flying through plyometrics and yucky leg and back workout. i love these workout programmes, I think what I might do is treat husband to Insanity (he's done p90x and looking buff) and I'm going to fit a bit of Turbofire in along with P90X until I feel ready for Insanity (if ever!)

Do you stick to the nutrician plan as well? I was, vaguely, until the donut eating wine drinker monster arose this weekend :jelous: very disappointed in self, but as they say, tomorrow is a new day :)

Good to hear from another Beachbody fan, there aren't many people that have heard about it considering how long its been around.

Kaz T
(is a donut & wine free zone tonight)

Phew core synergetics was fun!

Bring it lol

oh well, dont have the energy to double up but i am still bringing it. week four, recovery weeky - hardly! got my yoga and kenpo wrong way round and feel achy today. used weighted gloves today in kempo which made massive difference, feels like a good workout now. nervous that day 30 pictures aren't going to look any different.:(

Back