Inspire me please!

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by Xassy, 28 August 2010 Social URL.

1. Xassy

Xassy Silver Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    I have a chicken breast planned for dinner but no idea what to do with it. I'm thinking maybe a nice sauce but I'd prefer a syn free sauce. Any inspiration for me please?!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. kissme

kissme Gold Member

Well you probs wont have this in your cupboard buit there is a new seasoning from shwartz, its in a jar like normal herbs and stuff but its call lemon pepper! its salt pepper and lemon rind! and free! taste amazing on chicken and fish!!! just a little idea for next time!

x

4. Lovely_Laura

Lovely_Laura Moooooo

Start Weight:
    33st0lb
    Current Weight:
    21st13.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    15st0lb
    Lost(%):
    11st0.5lb(33.44%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I'd make the BBQ sauce recipe that's on here and as it simmers add the chicken sliced so it cooks in the sauce, add some mushrooms, green beans or whatever you fancy and make it more like a casserole. It's my favourite thing to do with chicken.

If you don't fancy that then make a slit in the breast and add a cheese triangle/quark/cheddar with some garlic and herbs then wrap in bacon. Yum yum yum.

5. cmcewn

cmcewn Silver Member

Start Weight:
    28st4.5lb
    Current Weight:
    25st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st9.5lb(9.46%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    The chicken breast stuffed with the laughing cow cheese and garlic and then wrapped in bacon was a big hit with my OH he loves it.

There is a recipe for cooking chicken with diet coke and passata and another for iron bru in the recipe section I think both of those would be worth a try.

Your chicken cassarole sounds delish Laura Ill be sure to try that. :D Thanks hun

Running out for lemon pepper .. mmm sounds so tasty thanks kiss me - I mean your name not really asking you to kiss me ... :eek:

6. emmabi

emmabi likes to eat!

Diet:
    Slimming World
    How about making it into a chicken curry?, with tinned toms, garlic, onions, curry powder and some peas for extra veggie-ness?

7. downsizingmycurves

downsizingmycurves Silver Member

Start Weight:
    17st11.5lb
    Current Weight:
    14st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st3.5lb
    Lost(%):
    3st3.5lb(18.24%)
    Diet:
    Currently Paul McKenna
    For my fav chicken recipe, I chop up a breast and bake in the oven while I make a sauce on the hob with tinned chopped tomatoes, tikka power, onions, mushrooms and then I throw in some fat free yog at the end to make it look creamy and a bit masala like.

Sometimes, I'll marinade the chicken in yog and tikka powder and cook on george foreman and serve with veg as tikka kebabs.

Or I like chicken pesto pasta - 2.5 syns for a spoon of res pesto. Dry fry chicken, add onions, mush etc and then add fat free yog mixed with a spoonful of red pesto. Then add pasta.

8. Xassy

Xassy Silver Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Thank you for the ideas. :) Hmmm now I can't decide between a diet coke sauce and a sweet and sour sauce!! :p

9. *honey

*honey Silver Member

Start Weight:
    11st8lb
    Current Weight:
    10st8.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st13.5lb(8.33%)
    Diet:
    Slim fast
    If you have a HEA left for cheese............ spread 1tsp tomato puree (1/2 syn) on the chicken breast and top with the cheese and bake in oven.............. cheesey chicken ( or top a quorn fillet as i do) mmmmm

10. chazzdiver

chazzdiver Full Member

Start Weight:
    18st3lb
    Current Weight:
    17st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6lb(2.35%)
    Diet:
    slimming world!
    you could try the chicken kieve recipe in the book that came with the latest mag, just without the breadcrumbs LOL.

or perhaps have it with some rice (as a healthy extra), with the rice add vegetable stock, peas and soy sauce...yum. mix the chicken in...ok i'm drooling, i'll be back in a while after i've eaten that myself.

11. Xassy

Xassy Silver Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    I'm going for a chicken kiev with breadcrumbs (Hex B). :D I'm doing SE, so I'll have some veg soup first and tonnes of veggies.

12. chazzdiver

chazzdiver Full Member

Start Weight:
    18st3lb
    Current Weight:
    17st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6lb(2.35%)
    Diet:
    slimming world!
    yumyum. :D i'll tell you now, it's a very messy proceedure...or maybe that's just me. i'd do the breadcrumbs first though rather than the filling, save a lot of problems in the end. :)

13. Xassy

Xassy Silver Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    I made quite a lot of mess but it was absolutely delish. :D Put loads of garlic in the LC cheese, so it was like a proper kiev.

Only needed one slice of bread, so got to have an alpen light while waiting for supper. ;)

14. chazzdiver

chazzdiver Full Member

Start Weight:
    18st3lb
    Current Weight:
    17st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6lb(2.35%)
    Diet:
    slimming world!

it only took me one slice of bread too! LOL but i still wish i did the bread crumbs before the filling, i couldn't seem to close it up well. but thankfully it all stayed together and seemed to mesh when cooked.

personally i think my half a lemon was a bit too much lemon, but overall it was very nice. i am very glad you seemed to enjoy it as much as me.:D

15. shell_y

shell_y Silver Member

Start Weight:
    10st11lb
    Current Weight:
    9st5.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st12lb
    Lost(%):
    1st5.5lb(12.91%)
    Diet:
    SW
Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.