Insurance sites

ColJack

Gold Member
These price comparison sites are a bit misleading.
Just chose the lowest quote and the end price after all the non-optional extras is about £200 more than the meerkats said it would be.
Just a warning. Cheapest isn't always the cheapest.

Sent from my iPod touch using MiniMins

I purchased contents insurance using compare the market back around 12th July. Still waiting for my blooming meerkat!!!!! It can take up to 90 days apparently. Getting well travelled tho, I'n Lisbon at the mo according to the tracker! Xx

We recently had to renew our car insurance. Our existing insurers had upped our quote from last year by nearly £300 a year, despite an additional year of no-claims being added on, so we shopped about.

Having visited a couple of the price comparison sites and finding that actually, fully comp now works out cheaper than third party fire and theft, I had a look at the individual insurers sites and went to a couple that werent listed on the comparison sites. LV were the best, whilst we had to find the money to pay a deposit up front, their quote was pretty much equivalent to what we had been paying per month last year, and only over 9 months instead of the 11 we had been paying. So the deposit we paid equates to the other two months, and we will be finished up paying it 2 months early, which is absolutely fine by us.

I wholeheartedly suggest doing this. Price comparison sites might save you some money, but the insurers will still be paying them commission, which you will end up paying in your policy one way or another - going direct to the insurers does take a bit longer but can save you a lot.

We did the same with our gas and electric recently Madame La Minx. I looked on a couple of the comparison websites but it was cheaper to go directly to the provider in the end. The websites are a good way to get an over all idea of prices from different companies though.

Lol Madame... Lv want 2400 from me for car insurance...

I'm In a right old pickle. As if insurance hasn't gone up anyway, i have an unresolved claim (been waiting for their statement for 5 months - they're the ones wishing to put me at fault!), I've got a new car, and I've moved house.,,,

Last year I paid 540... This year the cheapest I can get is 1300 with admiral...

Annoying is not the answer! What's worse is I didn't even kno the claim was outstanding they told me it was closed so had I taken out insurance it would have been void. Endsleigh are to be steered clear of - seriously.

Back