1. MiniMins members lost 144 Stone in January! Why not join in the conversation today?
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi Guest, let me just say that you are awesome for signing up to MiniMins. Your account is now validated. Your first few posts will be moderated. This is mainly to prevent spam showing on our forum. Dont worry we will get to your post most likely within 30 minutes between 8am and 11pm. Thanks again!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

Breast lift + Insurance coverage (United States)

Discussion in 'Plastic Surgery After Weight Loss' started by AngelWings, 20 January 2014 Social URL.

1. AngelWings

AngelWings Professional Sky Dancer

Just curious...

Now, I don't think I'd ever really go through with this because I'm at the point in life where I'm not too concerned about how my body looks. Well, I am, but I'm more concerned about I feel.

However...

I saw online here (or maybe it was another site) where someone said they got their breast lift surgery 100% covered by insurance. I want to ask, how?

My breasts have taken a beating from all the losing and gaining weight over the years (not only that, but I used to run a lot, which isn't good when your breasts are, on average, a DD... right now I'm a DDD). They aren't as bad as I always joke them to be, but my fear is once I *do* get to my goal weight (which I will this time, damn it!), they are going to be really, really saggy. Now, again, I shouldn't worry and be obsessed over aesthetics so much, however, I am very curious as to how someone could qualify to get their breast lift covered by insurance. I thought it was elective surgery?...

And while we're at it, not only breast sagging, but loose skin in general. I thought they only covered that stuff if you get lap band/gastric bypass... like, it "goes with the package."