Breast lift + Insurance coverage (United States)

Discussion in 'Plastic Surgery After Weight Loss' started by AngelWings, 20 January 2014 Social URL.

1. AngelWings

AngelWings Professional Sky Dancer

Start Weight:
    363lb
    Current Weight:
    351.7lb
    Goal Weight:
    160lb
    Lost(%):
    0st11.3lb(3.11%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Just curious...

Now, I don't think I'd ever really go through with this because I'm at the point in life where I'm not too concerned about how my body looks. Well, I am, but I'm more concerned about I feel.

However...

I saw online here (or maybe it was another site) where someone said they got their breast lift surgery 100% covered by insurance. I want to ask, how?

My breasts have taken a beating from all the losing and gaining weight over the years (not only that, but I used to run a lot, which isn't good when your breasts are, on average, a DD... right now I'm a DDD). They aren't as bad as I always joke them to be, but my fear is once I *do* get to my goal weight (which I will this time, damn it!), they are going to be really, really saggy. Now, again, I shouldn't worry and be obsessed over aesthetics so much, however, I am very curious as to how someone could qualify to get their breast lift covered by insurance. I thought it was elective surgery?...

And while we're at it, not only breast sagging, but loose skin in general. I thought they only covered that stuff if you get lap band/gastric bypass... like, it "goes with the package."

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.