Intense Cravings

Juro

Hi, i recenlty joined this forum and was wondering if anyone could give me some advice. I have started the slimming world diet and for the first few days i felt great. my energy levels had increased and i was actually eating less than i normally do. it's the end of day four and i am doing everything not to give into these intense cravings for anything sweet.
i'm starting to feel really awful like i did when i was junk food, lethargic, weak and my joints are aching. i feel like every inch of my body is crying out for sugar - is this normal? has any one else experienced this when starting their diet?
i don't know what to do now. i don't want to give up yet again but this is usually the point where i think to myself it's not worth feeling this bad and just give up.
:confused::confused::confused:

Maybe you are coming down with something - flu? you can have sweet things on swlimming world cant you? sf jelly? dont give up, this is just a blip. go on th slimming world forum and ask on there x

Sounds like withdrawal symptoms to me - did you eat a lot of sugar before SW

Now you are getting the DTs because your sugar levels are lower! In the same way people who drink a lot of coffee get really bad headaches when they stop the caffeine

It will pass just drink a lot of water and as said your syns are there for treats so make sure you use them

I really tried not to give in to the cravings, but i did. It's not over though, i felt really bad at first but then the next day I just carried on. I'm going to start again (again) but this time cut out all refined carb's. I was researching on the 'net and I think Philly you might be right about the sugar addiction. I think i may even be intolerant to some forms of sugar cause i've had chronic fatigue like symptoms for the past three years and the less i eat the better i feel.

Don't beat yourself up if you eat something sweet, Slimming World do allow us up to 15 syns a day.

Sugar is highly addictive, and cutting it out will reduce energy, at first. "Bad" carbs will do the same when you are withdrawing.

I've bought in low calorie jelly (half a syn) and fat free yoghurt to help with the sweet cravings. This evening I had 15g of popcorn which equals about 3 and a half 4 syns and then got rid of the rest of the 30g packet. I find having a drink of something like Pepsi Max, helps, too.

Slimming World thankfully encourage eating wholegrain complex carbohydrates, so just something as simple as switching from white to brown pasta (eg) can make a difference.

Back