Interesting article on Emotional eating

I can't get my head around this...
If natural hunger comes on gradually but you are already feeling the effects of emotional hunger and are ignoring it how do you know when you are really hungry?
I probably still be waiting when I passed out?

Uh oh - I think I see my problem here - now what to do about it?!

That's so true and me all over, shame it's not to easy to conquer but it's good to read it and relate to it.. Hopefully it will make some difference next time I get the urge. Thanks for sharing. Xx

Wow, that is a very good article and will help me try and assess why I want a particular food and if it is self sabotage or not!

That was really interesting, thank you. will you be posting the other parts? i hope so xx

Sadly this rings so true for myself! Every time I get stressed I reach for the carbs and sugars. I even know its wrong when I do it! I always think, no problem I'll just be extra good tomorrow!

great article

Rings a bell with me, I have had counselling for emotional eating before which did help a lot. Writing down triggers really does help x

Yes very interesting, certainly true for some people or some of the time at the very least! My family is very foodie so eating is a social thing and also a way of being nice to others so it is also emotional in that way for me.

There are so many factors in weight gain and the emotional connection is just one of many which is unfortunatly why the same solution wont work for all.

X

There is a book called skinny thinking: five revolutionary steps to permanently heal your relationship with food. I got it from amazonnit is brilliant, really helping with emotional eating and how to deal

Sent from my GT-P5110 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Years later, I'm here to say how interesting this was. Googling for the original and follow up articles showed me that Dr Gould has a book that looks interesting. Shrink Yourself: Break Free from Emotional Eating Forever. I'll report back when my copy comes.

ps, no follow up articles online and the shrink yourself website has gone.

Back