Interesting Christmas veg ideas?

Discussion in 'Dukan Recipes' started by CaledoniaDreaming, 4 November 2011 Social URL.

1. CaledoniaDreaming

CaledoniaDreaming Silver Member

Start Weight:
    17st4lb
    Current Weight:
    10st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st1lb
    Lost(%):
    6st6lb(37.19%)
    Diet:
    Dukan
    I'm going to make spiced red cabbage, and maybe have butternut squash mash. Any other ideas would be great.

Mini likes this.
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. CaledoniaDreaming

Start Weight:
    17st4lb
    Current Weight:
    10st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st1lb
    Lost(%):
    6st6lb(37.19%)
    Diet:
    Dukan
    Forgot to mention, I like to plan ahead!!

4. ellie1969

ellie1969 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    16st0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st3lb
    Lost(%):
    3st1lb(19.2%)
    Diet:
    Dukan
    I was just saying to hubby the other night that i should be able to stick to the plan for xmas if i make sure its a PV day as i love turkey

5. Teddy67

Teddy67 Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st13lb
    Current Weight:
    10st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st3lb(10.18%)
    Diet:
    Dukan
    I decided on starting the diet in September that I was going to move to consolidation for a few weeks in December to get me through the Christmas festivities. For me it is a tool to make sure I stick to Dukan and try not to have any slips along the way.

It will also be good to see if I can maintain the weight I have lost over Christmas through sticking to consolidation. It would seem to offer more variety for meals out with friends etc - for example can have something like a tomato based pasta dish and then follow up with sharing a cheese board - so limit to the 40g (minus the biscuits) - whilst not actually using up a gala meal!:)

Well that's my plan - be good to pick up as many low-carb/low fat veggie recipes to add in as well - would like the spiced cabbage recipe if anyone could post it - sounds yummy. And I just love butternut squash in all forms.

6. CaledoniaDreaming

Start Weight:
    17st4lb
    Current Weight:
    10st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st1lb
    Lost(%):
    6st6lb(37.19%)
    Diet:
    Dukan
    Spiced Red cabbage:
    1 red cabbage, shredded
    3-5tbsp sweetener
    400ml red wine
    200ml veg stock (or 200ml port)
    1 star anise, 1 cinnamon stick
    zest of 2 oranges

Put cabbage in large saucepan, add other ingredients to just cover the cabbage (add some water if needed). Simmer gently for 2 hours, remove the star anise and cook for a further hour; it will keep in the fridge for 3 days or will freeze for up to a month.
    The long slow braise really infuses the cabbage with the festive spices, sounds good and I am definitely trying it.

Mini likes this.
  7. CHRISR

CHRISR Gold Member

Diet:
    Dukan
    as long as I have sprouts, small parsnip and celeriac on my plate I will be happy plus the delish turkey I've ordered this morning. Its only one day to get through Ive done 15 weeks so far so ............... I know I'm going to be just fine :) x

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.