'Interesting' response from Lipotrim regarding water.

mudbabe

Fitness Freak!
I emailed LT yesterday asking them about their water recommendations, and asking for the scientific reasoning behind them (I am actually extremely well qualified in nutrition etc). They sent me back a paper which basically confirmed what I said yesterday regarding the body's ability to process 900ml/hr (over 20 litres a day). BUT the interesting part of the email was this:

In recent months there has been some silly press relating to a death by overconsumption of water - with early reports by ‘experts’ claimimg that 2 litres a day was too much. Later press suggested the person had consumed 4 litres in 2 hours and that was the cause of death. Whatever the reality, there was a very large press response. Beyond this, there are stupid diet forums telling dieters that they should drink massive amounts of water to maximise weight loss. People are not smart and they do stupid things.

Just thought you might be interested to know what your diet company really think of their customers.

I emailed LT yesterday asking them about their water recommendations, and asking for the scientific reasoning behind them (I am actually extremely well qualified in nutrition etc). They sent me back a paper which basically confirmed what I said yesterday regarding the body's ability to process 900ml/hr (over 20 litres a day). BUT the interesting part of the email was this:

In recent months there has been some silly press relating to a death by overconsumption of water - with early reports by ‘experts’ claimimg that 2 litres a day was too much. Later press suggested the person had consumed 4 litres in 2 hours and that was the cause of death. Whatever the reality, there was a very large press response. Beyond this, there are stupid diet forums telling dieters that they should drink massive amounts of water to maximise weight loss. People are not smart and they do stupid things.

Just thought you might be interested to know what your diet company really think of their customers.

And i pay them £36 a week.. I am furious!!!
If i wasn't so fat and in need of their shakes i would tell them to shove their shakes up their ar8e!!!! lol

Thanks mudbabe x x

And they didn't answer why they don't recommend consuming more than 4 litres daily????? I posted a while back that I did LT under the supervision of my doctor back in 1997 and very little has changed since then, LT don't seem to advanced much and quite frankly some of their so-called rules make little sense to me.....but of course I don't have any relevant qualifications!

Their comment here is, in my view, contemptuous!

Thanks mudbabe......you can be 'our' nutritionist! x

its so disappointing to hear how they treat their customers!!!
they forget that if it were not for us, they wouldnt have a business!!
am with you in this one SlimmerSu, i would tell them same if i didnt need their shakes.
thanks mudbabe.
xx

I was, quite frankly, gobsmacked! I had sent the email as I was genuinely curious and had expected to be sent something with real scientific justification. It seems to me they say 'no more than 4litres' in much the same way lots of food packets say 'may contain nut traces' - not because there really is a risk, but to cover their backs against a phantom risk of being sued. I actually read the email half a dozen times as I couldn't believe my eyes!

Hmmm certainly an eye opener!
If thats what they think of us all they dont deserve our business - however Im doing rather well and need to shift my lard arse so will have to pretend i didnt read it! ;o)

Mudbabe, it would be interesting to know what you, as a nutritionist, make of the content of the LT products? The reason I ask is I recently had cause to speak to a medical practioner, not my own doctor, about LT and they said that they thought that it had quite a high sugar content.....surely this can't be true? In any event, I have also started using the Exante range of products for several reasons, not least of all the price! but they also claim to be free of preservatives and the range of products is much better than LT and tastes pretty good too!

Mudbabe, it would be interesting to know what you, as a nutritionist, make of the content of the LT products? The reason I ask is I recently had cause to speak to a medical practioner, not my own doctor, about LT and they said that they thought that it had quite a high sugar content.....surely this can't be true? In any event, I have also started using the Exante range of products for several reasons, not least of all the price! but they also claim to be free of preservatives and the range of products is much better than LT and tastes pretty good too!

I don't have any Lipotrim packs so can't comment specifically. I am doing Exante myself though so have them, and also a few packs of other makes I managed to get hold of. Yes, it does look like a lot of sugar, but these products are milk-based and cows milk is naturally high in sugars, we just tend not to realise or think of it. Unless Lipotrim is dramatically different from the other brands I wouldn't say it was much higher in sugar than plain milk.

Cheeky swines. How dare they? :eek:
xx

BTW, this wasn't an underpaid, fed up customer service agent, it was a Dr!

Shocking!

Back