Interview Clothes

Yea, I'm not holding all hope out though, because I can't work out if the English boss is actually interested in hiring me, or whether he's just trying to keep my old boss happy.

I think my problem with clothes is that I'm quite fussy, and I'm so used to seeing myself in a different way (not as I want to in this case - i.e smart and grown up looking haha) that I think a lot of stuff just doesn't suit me!

I'm hoping getting some nice clothes will help me to 'fake it' Peachy!

Thank you for asking about my interview!
I think it went well, they seemed to say positive things in all the right places.

But they did say that I'll find out by the 21st May, which is another week away, so I'm trying not to worry about it now - nothing I can do about it.

It wasn't for a job though, it was to do a Masters in Clinical Research. I'm currently a hospital midwife, but I'd really like to work in research.

Happy and Suzy, that's nice of you to say, I'd be more than happy to give any sort of advice! I help quite a few of my friends with shopping, including my boss lately who couldn't dress her apple shape. Bless her, she was so pleased with what we had found for how much it had cost! Feel free to ask anything at all :)

Thank you for asking about my interview!
I think it went well, they seemed to say positive things in all the right places.

But they did say that I'll find out by the 21st May, which is another week away, so I'm trying not to worry about it now - nothing I can do about it.

It wasn't for a job though, it was to do a Masters in Clinical Research. I'm currently a hospital midwife, but I'd really like to work in research.

Wow, that sounds great....Maybe should have seen you when I had my daughter - she was 5lbs 11oz and came out like superwoman hand first and gave me a 3rd degree tear - not impressed! Oh well, never mind, that was too long ago now!

Good luck - hope you get it.

Peachy - I'm also apple shape - help!!! I tend to wear a lot of tunic tops...I've got nice(ish) legs, so tight fitting trousers look good, its just my tummy - but hopefully not for much longer!

xx

Rachel, good luck, I will keep my fingers crossed for you!

Peachey, nearer the time of my birthday I will bug you for ideas of what to wear with my pear shape..... shame you live so far away!

Sugar, just rememebr you are smart and grown up and you can carry that look, you jut have to believe it.

When you are not working you can release your inner child again! Mine still comes out every so often and I am now the wrong side of 39..... my 40th is coming up very quickly now!

Wow, that sounds great....Maybe should have seen you when I had my daughter - she was 5lbs 11oz and came out like superwoman hand first and gave me a 3rd degree tear - not impressed! Oh well, never mind, that was too long ago now!

What a naughty girl!!
To be honest, when babies do that, there's not usually a lot you can do about it, and you often end up with a pretty bad tear. I always give them a very gentle telling off when they've done that to their mummy who's just worked so hard for them!

Rachel

I guess I was lucky, after my first one my local midwife thought a female doctor had stitched me as it was done so well yet is was done by the male doctor who delivered him. No pain at all as I had a spinal block. My son was delivered in theatre just before they were about to do a crash c-section....... somebody forget my drip before my epidural!

The second was early and he just grazed me but again with an epidural I didn't feel any pain...... call me a wimp but epidurals are a great invention. I have to say two births and I can only remember one really bad contraction.

The only problem was the baby weight didn't go and that is why I am now where I am. Following the Go Lower diet and finally losing the weight I gained during pregnancy and a little bit more as I already had weight issues before I fell pregnant.

What a naughty girl!!
To be honest, when babies do that, there's not usually a lot you can do about it, and you often end up with a pretty bad tear. I always give them a very gentle telling off when they've done that to their mummy who's just worked so hard for them!

Thanks RachelN76, its good to know it does happen - was not a pleasant time of my life - its a real shame as the labour itself was pain free and I had the epidural after she was born for the stitching up afterwards. My son had to be a C-Section - they wouldn't let me have anything else...

I quite liked having a 'natural' delivery and then a planned section - it was good to see how it works from different ways.

As Suzy says though - the weight afterwards - Thank goodness finally for Go Lower and shifting that unwanted baby weight.
xx

Oh yeah, the baby weight is a nightmare. And my stomach muscles are just ruined forever i think! I still look six months pregnant, it's awful!

I still look pregnant!

Before Go Lower I looked ready to drop, now I just look pregnant! It is going down and the clothes are looking better as they don't cling like they did before......

As for tummy muscles, sorry Rachel but can you tell me what they are as I think I have forgotten!!!!!

I also don't know where my tummy muscles are...... I need to think about doing sit ups I suppose as then I may find them eventually.

I like the sit downs idea as well......

I was talking to a friend in New Zealand over the weekend. he was very impressed when I told him I was losing loads with Go Lower and we discussed tummy muscles. he told me to try a bit of bike riding. He is a mountain biker so it is his hobby. He reminded me it is a low impact sport and I can start small and work up.

For starters he said to the end of the road and back, then cycle around the block etc and he has made me think I should give it a go.

I am going to ask hubby to get my bike out tonight and see how I do. The only thing is I live on a bit of a hill...... do I start by going up or down?????

I mentioned I need top

Happy

that means I have to get to the top first........ I didn't make it last night as it was far too hot.

Hubby is going to be home really late for the next couple of nights so I will have to put it of a bit longer.... I am seriously thinking about it! It is just getting my act together to do more than just think!

Happy-I've got nice legs (not thighs so I hide them) and I've definitely got some tummy but a newfound waist line! I like to accentuate it with a small ribbon which I tie into a bow on the front, on the side bit. It accentuates or creates a waist, and takes the focus off the tummy. It's a really cheap solution and goes with most things really. I have them in all sorts of colours. You can also get some nice belts to do the same thing, I just find ribbons more flowy and feminine. If you get them long enough, they make you look taller and cut off the width of your stomach thus making you look even smaller. It's a good trick to give shape to something that's rather shapeless.

Suzy-Please do bug me! I'm moving even further very soon unfortunately, but I'll gladly give you advice via email and we can always shop online to give you a better idea of do's and dont's and what not. :)

Peachy what a good idea. I have worn before a skirt with a red top and a belt over the top and people did comment how good I looked. I just took it that the colour suited me...maybe it was more than that - shape! Thanks.

Suzy - get out on that bike - but yes it was far too hot yesterday to do anything, let alone ride a bike for the first time. Good luck when you DO do it.

xx

Thank you! I find it does miracles on me really. Especially now that most of what I own is ill-fitting and I can't really afford to buy everything again, especially that I'm hoping to shed more of that weight soon. A lot of it still looks ok, but I've found ways to make it work. It's all about shape!

Back