Interview Clothes

I use the belt trick too! Depending on what I'm wearing sometimes I put the belt a bit higher though (so like just under the bust) so i dont get a sudden bulge where my hips are.
It's meant I can manage to look presentable in clothes that are 2 sizes too big so far! :)

I love your ideas and I will have to see if I can try the belt / ribbon trick to show of my waist and hide my stomach.

Sugar when is the interview? It is soon isn't it? Have you found an outfit yet?

Peachey where are you moving to?

I love your idea of helping me shop online.

You are all so great. That is why I love this site because of the support.

I will get on my bike soon as I have decided I will....... it is just a case of when!

hchappy - it feels great! I just wish I wasn't quite so skint and could buy looooads of new clothes!

Suzy I totally forgot I hadn't updated about the Interview! It was last thursday and I wore a brown fitted dress from next (I'd put up a pic only I forgot to take one of me, and the dress looks hideous on the model on the next website). It's a v-neck, but not too low, and had a band under the bust which was a little bit detailed, and some pleats towards the front middle so it skimmed my tummy perfectly.
I hated the colour but it was the only dress I found that fit perfectly. I wore it with a black cardigan, black tights, and black high heels.

I'm cracking up waiting to hear back. I had thought it went well - I was in there an hour and a half, got shown how their systems work, and what I would be doing, met all the staff in the office, and discussed salary expectations. I also emailed the next day with an additional query, and got a reply asking if they hired me when could I start.

Not sure that the fact I haven't heard back in a week can be good though!

Glad you've decided to go bike riding too, I have a friend who has just been doing that plus healthy eating (mostly just stopping when full rather than choosing good food from what I hear!) and they've lost around the same amount as me, in the same time.

Hope your exams and things have been going well Peachy!

Sugar fiend, it sounds lovely what you wore....I wouldn't worry about not having heard anything quite yet....these things can drag on...if they showed you the systems and what you would be doing and you met all the staff, and then they asked when you can start, all sounds positive - it could just be a case of dotting the I's and crossing the T's so to speak..Good luck and let us know the outcome....maybe if you get it, you'll be able to buy your loooaaaddddsssss of clothes!!

Suzy - on your bike!!?!?

Peachy - hope the exams are going well.

xx

that's brilliant!!! Congratulations!

Sugar.... "WELL DONE" you deserve it and congratulations. I am so pleased for you. How long till you start? and do you need a whole new wardrobe.

The dress you wore for your interview sounds like it was perfect, even if you didn't like it.

Peachey good luck, you will do great.

Any suggestions for a pear shape with an apple tummy outfit for Ascot?????

Thank you all :)

I don't start until 19th July - to allow for finishing exams and moving from liverpool to sheffield, and I'll definitely need a whole new wardrobe because pretty much nothing is fitting me at the moment. I think the dress code is quite casual there too, so at I'll be able to wear the new stuff I get outside of work too.

Suzy - how about a pretty dress which is fitted under the bust (or just add a belt/ribbon to a dress) and flares into a kind of A line? Something like that would be very nice I think?

How wonderful! Congrats Sugar. What you wore sounds lovely too :)

Exams are almost over, last one is on Tuesday, can't wait for it to be over!

Moving back home to Montreal, Canada. Going on a trip to Germany/Italy with my two best friends for three weeks before but will be home as of late June.

Lots going on :)

No more tricks off the top of my head I'm afraid, you've exhausted my resources lol. x

Hi

I tried a dress on at the weekend in BHS and it gathers over to one side just above the waist and it looked very slimming. I am going to try to get back their later with my mum to try it on again and get her opinion.

I also need to make sure it goes with one of my hats.

Sugar enjoy the time before you start work!

Peachy, exams finished, now you can really enjoy yourself

Back