interview

lillady2012

Just got called for interview to a company i have been trying to get a job with for the past 5 years, anyway thanks to no notice I have no clothes that are fit for interview and i'm expected to take a half day off on thursday, my current job is no where near shops. and because of wedding i'm prob not going to get the job anyway but she said i could go for the interview and be put on a panel . . . . or go back to the start. i only got the interview because a good friend started last year and put my cv forward a month ago, don't wanna seem ungrateful but timing sucks and i really wanna change job as my current week incl commute is 60 hours and there its incl commute is 38 hours :( so tired of this life sorry needed to rant

What about your normal work clothes?

ah no my work clothes are as casual as you can wear - black jeans - top cardi and scaff and ugg type boots to keep me warm, not a very glam location.
I have suits but nothing that fits right, might have one black dress if i put a shirt under it, just annoys me that she basically said i wont get it but you may as well go for the interview for the fun of it, then her jobs done by putting ppl forward. but i can't afford days off work for the sake of an interview that wont go anywhere and i really really want the job :(

ah no my work clothes are as casual as you can wear - black jeans - top cardi and scaff and ugg type boots to keep me warm, not a very glam location.
I have suits but nothing that fits right, might have one black dress if i put a shirt under it, just annoys me that she basically said i wont get it but you may as well go for the interview for the fun of it, then her jobs done by putting ppl forward. but i can't afford days off work for the sake of an interview that wont go anywhere and i really really want the job :(

When is the wedding and when would you start new job... Do while interview and make your good first impression then if they say have you any questions our queries mention wedding show you'd really like the job but its booked and can't obviously be changed they might not hold it against you

I think you're being a bit negative, you wouldn't have been invited for interview if they weren't interested. Otherwise they are wasting their time & yours.

If you are successful & there is no reason why not they will ask if you have any time off planned & they are honor bound to allow you the same time off.

Do a lot of prep for the interview & be confident, be prepared to start working there.

You could try Asda or a charity shop (I know you said there are no shops nearby but could you get to Asda?) where you can pick up some nice cheap clothes.

Good luck.

I agree, no employer will interview someone who has no chance, it's a waste of their time.. You need to walk in there and think what you would do if you were starting next week!!

I rang the employer yesterday evenig and spoke to them re wedding, also my fiancee has back surgery scheduled two days after honeymoon, anyway they will be doing another round of interviews in September so my name is in for those instead. was way over stressed earlier in the week so much going on this year but i'll get there

thanks for all your comments

I rang the employer yesterday evenig and spoke to them re wedding, also my fiancee has back surgery scheduled two days after honeymoon, anyway they will be doing another round of interviews in September so my name is in for those instead. was way over stressed earlier in the week so much going on this year but i'll get there

thanks for all your comments

That's great if its an ongoing job opening I know where I work for area mangers there's always rounds of interviews delighted for you...

Well done for being proactive about the job. Sounds like you do have a very busy year!!

Best wishes

Kay x x x

Back