Introducing myself

grumpymonkey

Hi everyone,

I hope it is okay if I join you here! I looked at the Sparkpeople UDDD group, but I didn't really like the vibe there - there were too many people doing things that I didn't feel were healthy, like "I water fasted yesterday and am going for a DD today to keep the losses going!" or aiming for UDs that were only around 1000 calories. From reading through the threads here, this seems to be a more sensible place. :)

I started JUDDD last Monday. I've lost weight in the past (haven't we all), but never without being hungry ALL THE TIME, which is what inevitably leads to my downfall. So the idea of only being hungry every OTHER day seems amazing.

WI after my 3rd DD showed me down 3.4 pounds! I am pretty excited by this loss, as I started out only barely into the "overweight" BMI for my height, and already maintained a fairly healthy diet, which I thought might mean I didn't get that starting "whoosh" that some people seem to.

Today is my 4th DD. I am keeping below 500 on DDs; my first two UDs were around 2100 and I didn't measure calories on my 3rd but suspect it was around 3000.

I have been working out both UDs and DDs. I maintain a daily 90 min. Bikram (hot) yoga practice, and have been doing 30 min. cardio on DDs and an hour on UDs. It's been easier on UDs, of course, but I haven't found that I'm unable to do my workouts, which is really important to me.

Anyway, I just wanted to introduce myself & say I'm glad I found this group!

Susan

Hi there. Well done so far. I dont think you will find us being silly over UDs. We like them too much! Im off for a bit but will be back in a couple of weeks.
Good luck with your journey and well done on the weight loss so far

Hi Susan, welcome to our little juddd group! Good luck with the plan, it sounds like you've got off to a fab start! Great going on the exercise :)

That other group you were on sounds dangerous!! No us lot like eating too much to be stupid and starve ourselves lol lol!!!

Take care xx

Hi Susan,

Welcome to the group. Good luck with your weight loss.

That Sparkpeople group sound mad, why would you want to starve when you can eat? :confused: They don't sound like they are following Dr Johnsons diet at all, they're just doing any old common starvation diet.

Well done on the exercise, I wish I was even a teeny tiny bit as motivated as you. And how do you find the Hatha Yoga? I've always wanted to try that, (but I live in the middle of nowhere and don't even have normal yoga around here!)

And looking at the research on intermitant (sp?) fasting on the web, which is similar to what we are doing, exercise on a down day is fine and most people find they have better recovery rates etc.

Love

Sanghi.

Back