Introducing myself

Neelyo'hara

Hey everyone! I'm new to the board, sort of. I've lurked on and off for a while and joined the site a while back.
I lost 3 and a half stone in 2010/1, first on slimming world, then weightwatchers propoints. I had another 2 and a half to lose but I fell pregnant with my daughter, used pregnancy as an excuse to eat whatever I fancied(mostly junk!) And regained all my weight :(
After pregnancy and Xmas I rejoined Weightwatchers to find I weighed in at 17stone 4lbs. I was absolutely gutted. Not had I regained my weight, I'd added a further stone!
I stuck to the pro points plan for about 10 weeks and got down to 15st 9lbs, but I just couldnt seem to find the motivation to continue, I was enjoying maternity leave and fell back off the wagon. Too much cake with my coffee! On my return to work I found none of my uniform fitted, even my maternity trousers were a bit snug!
I had to order uniform in a size 22 which I found quite shameful as my line manager is tiny. My work involves standing all day and after day one my knees, feet and back were absolute agony. Im only 22 years old. I realised i can't carry on like this if I want to enjoy life and enjoy time with my daughter. I plucked up the courage and stood on the scales on Monday 28th may 2012 and they showed 16st 8lbs.
I began calorie counting using MFP that day and am joining the board today as I find everyone's stories and support very encouraging.
Well done if you read this far, I realise this is quite an essay. :)

You can do it! I'm 21 so there's only a year between us, and like you I gained a lot of weight during my pregnancy and now my little boy is 11 months old and I've gained even more through laziness and greed :( so now I'm calorie counting to lose at least two stone ASAP! I have faith in you and wish you all the best :) xx

- start weight 12.4 - goal weight 10.0

Hi, I'm nearing 30!!! But am using mfp (busybee_mummy). I've also done slimming world and propoints. At the moment in weighing in at 15.2lbs but am feeling really motivated! Good luck x

It's so much easier CC you'll do really well! I'm glad you are, it will give me an extra reason to not give up cus I don't want to be the fat friend haha xx

Welcome :)

You can do it! Maybe you little one can be your inspiration to slim down? My little one is now 14 months and just starting to walk on her own so things are just starting to get interesting. I have started Zumba and am amazed by the results so far! I would defo recommend it! I also give myself 'cheat' days where I have a small blow-out but get straight back on the wagon the next day. I have only lost a stone so far and hoping it keeps dropping off over the next 6 months!

Thanks! I am hoping to start sone kind of exercise plan soon but I'm struggling to find the time with work and my LO.

I hope you find something to suit you :) I'm doing the couch to 5k running plan at the moment but maybe exercise DVDs could be good for you to do at home? :)

Neelyo'hara said:
Thanks! I am hoping to start sone kind of exercise plan soon but I'm struggling to find the time with work and my LO.

It is hard finding the time to work out with a job and baby. I work 40 hours a week and have an 11 month old so I'm usually too exhausted to do anything else! I went to the gym every single day before I started my job, but now I only manage to go about 3 times a week and my mother in law watches the baby so my OH can come to the gym with me at the same time. I've bought Jillian Michael's 30 day shred DVD to do at home too, and plan on doing it every single day as the workout is only 20 minutes long and my OH watches the baby while I get on with it. Also I'm planning on running outdoors too, while the OH watches the baby again. There's plenty you can do so long as someone can watch your LO while you do it! Exercise doesn't have to take hours. I definitely recommend the 30 day shred cause the results are amazing and it only takes 20 minutes a day! x

laurenmay said:
It is hard finding the time to work out with a job and baby. I work 40 hours a week and have an 11 month old so I'm usually too exhausted to do anything else! I went to the gym every single day before I started my job, but now I only manage to go about 3 times a week and my mother in law watches the baby so my OH can come to the gym with me at the same time. I've bought Jillian Michael's 30 day shred DVD to do at home too, and plan on doing it every single day as the workout is only 20 minutes long and my OH watches the baby while I get on with it. Also I'm planning on running outdoors too, while the OH watches the baby again. There's plenty you can do so long as someone can watch your LO while you do it! Exercise doesn't have to take hours. I definitely recommend the 30 day shred cause the results are amazing and it only takes 20 minutes a day! x

I understand that, I think I might buy a cross trainer so I can work out while LO has naps. I'm only working part time, but both sets of grandparents work too so I have to work when OH isn't! I definitely wouldn't be going to the gym 3x a week if I worked 40hrs. Part time I miss LO a ridiculous amount and prefer to spend time off with her. I want to lose weight but I wouldn't want to miss spending time with my baby.

Rigby said:
I hope you find something to suit you :) I'm doing the couch to 5k running plan at the moment but maybe exercise DVDs could be good for you to do at home? :)

I did do a postnatal exercise DVD a few months back, it was really good actually, except I kept wacking my arms and legs on the furniture hah hah. I'll have a look on amazon later :)

Neelyo'hara said:
I understand that, I think I might buy a cross trainer so I can work out while LO has naps. I'm only working part time, but both sets of grandparents work too so I have to work when OH isn't! I definitely wouldn't be going to the gym 3x a week if I worked 40hrs. Part time I miss LO a ridiculous amount and prefer to spend time off with her. I want to lose weight but I wouldn't want to miss spending time with my baby.

I still manage to see my baby loads even though I work full time and work out too. I work 7am till 3:30pm Monday to Thursday, and 7am till 12:30pm Friday, so still see LO loads and when I'm in work he's with his grandparents who he loves seeing too. I don't have a choice but to work full time cause they don't offer part time hours in this company.. I go to the gym straight from work so instead of picking LO up at 4pm its sometimes 5pm so I can squeeze an hour of exercise in. Weekends I don't work so constantly with the OH and LO and we go out on day trips and walks etc. So I'm not missing out on any time with him.

laurenmay said:
I still manage to see my baby loads even though I work full time and work out too. I work 7am till 3:30pm Monday to Thursday, and 7am till 12:30pm Friday, so still see LO loads and when I'm in work he's with his grandparents who he loves seeing too. I don't have a choice but to work full time cause they don't offer part time hours in this company.. I go to the gym straight from work so instead of picking LO up at 4pm its sometimes 5pm so I can squeeze an hour of exercise in. Weekends I don't work so constantly with the OH and LO and we go out on day trips and walks etc. So I'm not missing out on any time with him.

Yeah but I would be... We go for walks a lot when I'm off but I don't count that because it's just what we normally do. I wasn't having a go at all, I'm lucky my company is really flexible, but I do still miss LO and wouldn't want to intrude on my quality time with her. Maybe I'm just putting off exercise, it isn't my favourite thing to do when it's exercise for the sake of exercise hah hah. I'm sure I could find an hour or two, just need to be less lazy!

Neelyo'hara said:
I did do a postnatal exercise DVD a few months back, it was really good actually, except I kept wacking my arms and legs on the furniture hah hah. I'll have a look on amazon later :)

LOL, I really want some excercise DVDs but I can just imagine myself banging around the bedroom and looking like an idiot and breaking things haha x

mrs-s said:
LOL, I really want some excercise DVDs but I can just imagine myself banging around the bedroom and looking like an idiot and breaking things haha x

I'll lend you my postnatal one it's really gentle, mostly for getting your posture back and retraining core muscles to work normally. The woman will well annoy you though she talks soooo slow!

Neelyo'hara said:
Yeah but I would be... We go for walks a lot when I'm off but I don't count that because it's just what we normally do. I wasn't having a go at all, I'm lucky my company is really flexible, but I do still miss LO and wouldn't want to intrude on my quality time with her. Maybe I'm just putting off exercise, it isn't my favourite thing to do when it's exercise for the sake of exercise hah hah. I'm sure I could find an hour or two, just need to be less lazy!

I need to go on more walks, and was hoping to go on a few with the OH and LO this long bank holiday weekend but they've forecast rain the entire time! :( and I hate the rain.. I hate exercise too, I dread the thought of doing it and when I'm there I kinda enjoy it and kinda hate it at the same time, but afterwards I feel so proud of myself and happy I've done some! I'm tired today and just wanna go home from work and have a nap until the LO gets dropped off at 3:30, but I'm gonna drag myself to the gym while I have time and do 20 minutes of my DVD too. I'm saying this now but I bet by 11:30 when I finish work I'll be heading home to bed! Haha

Neelyo'hara said:
I'll lend you my postnatal one it's really gentle, mostly for getting your posture back and retraining core muscles to work normally. The woman will well annoy you though she talks soooo slow!

Ah cheers! I'll ring you later when we know what day were coming over x

Back