Introducing the new Pro-points plan: *UPDATED TO THE CHANGES IN 2011!*

Can I just add that I looked at your food tracker and thats a decent quantity of food you're eating. What exercise do you do? Also, Apples should be counted as zero calories as the body burns more calories digesting an apple than the apple itself contains.

Hi there, I'm really sorry if I have to say that, please forgive me as I don't know your whole situation, but... 700 or 200 calories a day? That's not even what anorexic people would eat... and I'm not joking. If you eat 200 calories a day your body goes into starvation mode and retains all its fat... hence not only you don't lose fat but if you lose weight, you lose the muscles and not the fat, which makes you just look deprived and makes you put all the weight back on as soon as you return to eating. I'm sorry to tell you, but probably to start really losing weight you would need to put on weight first. You need to rebuild your muscle mass which must have disappeared with the little food you're eating. No doctor will allow you to stay under 1000 calories a day for a long period of time! That whether you exercise or not. But I'm no doctor... why don't you go to a nutritionist or to a dietologist? I have a feeling that you really need professional help if you're in such a situation :(

What exercise do I do? Well, I work in a bank as a seller (not the most active of jobs...), walk roughly 6000 or 7000 steps per day and once or twice a week I do an hour on the wii fit... that's all. I'm active but not that active!

PS: calories are calories no matter what. An apple has calories like anything else, so it's counted on Sparkpeople as calories. Then the amount of calories your body takes to absorb it is the reason why it's 0 points under the new WW plan! :)

Hi there, I'm really sorry if I have to say that, please forgive me as I don't know your whole situation, but... 700 or 200 calories a day? That's not even what anorexic people would eat... and I'm not joking. If you eat 200 calories a day your body goes into starvation mode and retains all its fat... hence not only you don't lose fat but if you lose weight, you lose the muscles and not the fat, which makes you just look deprived and makes you put all the weight back on as soon as you return to eating. I'm sorry to tell you, but probably to start really losing weight you would need to put on weight first. You need to rebuild your muscle mass which must have disappeared with the little food you're eating. No doctor will allow you to stay under 1000 calories a day for a long period of time! That whether you exercise or not. But I'm no doctor... why don't you go to a nutritionist or to a dietologist? I have a feeling that you really need professional help if you're in such a situation :(

What exercise do I do? Well, I work in a bank as a seller (not the most active of jobs...), walk roughly 6000 or 7000 steps per day and once or twice a week I do an hour on the wii fit... that's all. I'm active but not that active!

PS: calories are calories no matter what. An apple has calories like anything else, so it's counted on Sparkpeople as calories. Then the amount of calories your body takes to absorb it is the reason why it's 0 points under the new WW plan! :)
Thank you for that. May be I do have problems. I've eaten 17pp today and feel genuinely full.

Thank you for that. May be I do have problems. I've eaten 17pp today and feel genuinely full.

Can you write down what you ate today? I can't promise I'll be able to help, but as a group we might be able to understand if there's anything you're doing wrong. I would however recommend you to go to a dietologist or nutritionist. I don't know whether the NHS has got any that would see you without charging you through a prescription from your GP but it's worth double checking...

Can you write down what you ate today? I can't promise I'll be able to help, but as a group we might be able to understand if there's anything you're doing wrong. I would however recommend you to go to a dietologist or nutritionist. I don't know whether the NHS has got any that would see you without charging you through a prescription from your GP but it's worth double checking...
Sorry, still finding my way around the site and couldn't see that you'd replied.

A typical day of food for me is-

Breakfast: Small banana or pear and a pot of Jenier fruit tea. = 0

Lunch: Triple decker WW tuna/mayo on WW Danish bread and a green salad =6pp

Evening meal: WW Hotpot and Spinach = 6pp and a WW yoghurt = 1pp

I also eat around 2 apples or 3 plums during the day and I drink 2ltr of water.

it's not a rule set in stone not to have more than 3 pieces of fruit per day. I have most of the time 5 pieces or more, and on the top of that 3 or 4 portions of vegetables, and I'm at goal, maintaining and often losing a lb or 2, even if I don't need to. And I eat all my dailies. I eat most of my weeklies too - or rather, I go at a Chinese buffet on Sunday night and don't worry about the diet too much, and I calculate my 49 gone because I also have a dessert and a starter... I weight just over 8 stone, I've put 3.5 lbs on during my Christmas break (1 month!) and last week I've lost 1 lb already to get back to pre-xmas weight. When I'm peckish, I eat fruit. Normally just 1 banana per day, but I have grapes, apples, clementines, pinapple, kiwis... everything.

Everyone is different, but I wouldn't stop at 3 pieces of fruit per day, especially in the summer when my fave fruits are out. Well, I also love egremont russet apples during the winter...:rolleyes:

I think it must be everyones individual bodies and what they can cope with fruit wise and everything else like all diets :) thanks for the help though i may just start trying to eat whatever fruit i like to fill me up at atm my mind set is not there, therefore i hardly eat any fruit or veg :) thanks again oh and with pineapple is it free in the tins? .. as long as you drain the juices? thankyou :) xxx

I think it must be everyones individual bodies and what they can cope with fruit wise and everything else like all diets :) thanks for the help though i may just start trying to eat whatever fruit i like to fill me up at atm my mind set is not there, therefore i hardly eat any fruit or veg :) thanks again oh and with pineapple is it free in the tins? .. as long as you drain the juices? thankyou :) xxx
yes as long as you drain the juice, it's free :) enjoy!

im thinkin of starting this , im 48 5ft-8in 16st-6oz whats my points please and if i buy a starter pack on ebay can i do this at home with help on here?

I have just signed up for 2 week trial and start officially tomorrow as that is my WI day. I put weight on last time I tried propoints but am willign to try again, so wish me luck.:)

I have just signed up for 2 week trial and start officially tomorrow as that is my WI day. I put weight on last time I tried propoints but am willign to try again, so wish me luck.:)
Good luck:cool:

Can you do it? YES YOU CAN!:D

Hi just out of curiosity I have PP and Old Pointed a full week and this averages out at 20 points on old plan when I should be on 17. Should I just stop doing this and concentrate on PP, any advice thanks

Hi just out of curiosity I have PP and Old Pointed a full week and this averages out at 20 points on old plan when I should be on 17. Should I just stop doing this and concentrate on PP, any advice thanks
I'm not an expert, but pp is different to the old points. I think you should stick to pp.

yes you should follow one plan.

PP is based on completely different nutritional values which is more scientifically correct than the old discover points.

mamsemily said:

Stop double pointing and concentrate on pp it's more scientifically advanced and it'll make you lose weight more healthily!

Hi can someone please help me figure out my propoints?
i am a female, 24 years old, 10st5, 5'4
im not sure how active I am per day? I am on my feet all day and work is looking after 2 children aged 2 and 3 years.
many thanks in advance!

Hi can someone please help me figure out my propoints?
i am a female, 24 years old, 10st5, 5'4
im not sure how active I am per day? I am on my feet all day and work is looking after 2 children aged 2 and 3 years.
many thanks in advance!
Hello there. The minimum pp you're supposed to eat is 29pp per day.

Back