Introduction...

lunar jim

Gold Member
Hi everyone, I've dipped in here before but I don't think I've said a proper hello :D

So hello!

I was on the Cambridge Diet until four weeks ago, when I had to stop due to being rushed into hospital for an op to correct a strangulated hernia (nice).

So I've decided to try calorie counting and see how things go. According to my BMR/HB equation I need 2542 calories to maintain my current weight of 15 st 9lb. This is taking into account the fact I've been unable to exercise while recovering from the op.

Since this is too high I've been aiming for 1600 calories per day, but I've allowed myself two 'naughty' days per week of up to 2000 calories, which I haven't always taken.

This seems to be working; I put 2lb on in the two weeks following the operation for some reason, but over the last two weeks I've taken 7lb back off, so I'm happy with this.

I'm starting with light exercise again on Monday so this should boost my loss a bit too.

Anyway, I just thought I'd start to post in here mainly to help me keep track of things, so apologies if this is a bit boring :D Hopefully I can pick up some tipe while I'm here, too

Hi LJ, nice to see a familiar face here.:)
Sounds like you're doing great so far.

wow lunar jim,
you've done brilliantly!!! way to go!

I hope you're feeling better and are on the mend.

Good luck with your cal.counting.
I'm on day 2 of cc. I did CD a couple of years ago, lost 4st and gained it all plus an extra stone or so for good measure!!
So, here I am, back to minimins but on a different forum... it's very quiet over here compared to CD isn't it?

Good Luck anyway :)

xx jo xx

Thanks SJ! Yeah quiet here, but of a shame :D

How long did it take to put that weight back on, if you don't mind me asking? Did it creep on gradually over the two years?

Good luck with the CC!

Thanks SJ! Yeah quiet here, but of a shame :D

How long did it take to put that weight back on, if you don't mind me asking? Did it creep on gradually over the two years?

Good luck with the CC!

Well Jim,
I put the weight on quite quickly with over eating, I have no doubt in my mind that if I had come off cd and ate like a 'normal person' I may have only gained half a stone or so, maybe not even that...but I didn't eat normally, I really did over eat..and when the weight started to come back then that sent me into a downward spiral...
My advice to anyone who comes off CD is to do what you have done and count cals... Porgeous lost loads of weight on CD and when she hit her goal she began cal.counting... and she is still super slim :D
You've done so very well on CD and if you use your head (unlike me) and stick to cal.counting you will be fine.
I wish you well :D

xx jo xx

Hiya Jim :)

My advice to anyone who comes off CD is to do what you have done and count cals..
xx jo xx

I'm for that aswell. Counted religiously, though at maintenance cals for 6 months after I reached goal, then 'roughly' for another 3 months. Now is just every now and again out of interest.

Good on ya Jim for finding a plan. Sounds like it'll suit you very well :clap:

Well Jim,
I put the weight on quite quickly with over eating, I have no doubt in my mind that if I had come off cd and ate like a 'normal person' I may have only gained half a stone or so, maybe not even that...but I didn't eat normally, I really did over eat..and when the weight started to come back then that sent me into a downward spiral...
My advice to anyone who comes off CD is to do what you have done and count cals... Porgeous lost loads of weight on CD and when she hit her goal she began cal.counting... and she is still super slim :D
You've done so very well on CD and if you use your head (unlike me) and stick to cal.counting you will be fine.
I wish you well :D

xx jo xx

Yeah, that's what I was worried about, especially being forced off CD without having chance to come up the plans as it were. I think that's why I've been as anal about the CC as I have been; I was so determined not to pile loads of weight back on. If I'd started eating as I did before then it'd have flown back on, I was 23st 3 and gaining weight before CD so I must have been consuming up to 4000 calories per day...

After losing 7 stone and taking a reasonable chunk out of the year (and abstaining at all the parties over the summer...) I'm just not prepared to waste it and undo it all.

Thanks KD! Yes, what I'm doing now seems to really suit at the moment, I think because I'm finally in control of what I'm eating. Plus I'm not in denial as I was before which I think is helping me loads.

Best of luck, Jim! I didn't do CD, but Slimming World, and lost about 5st. It took me about a year and a half to put it all back on, including some seriously concerted efforts over a Christmas break :D

I'm cc'ing now, and it's not only going very well, but I also cannot envision myself being physically capable of eating the vast amount of food it took to get me here in the first place ;)

Hey Jim :)

Sorry to hear about your health troubles! Hopefully you'll find CC suits you. I'm the same as Sophia-Jo...lost weight with CD then ate myself right back in to Fatville. *sobs*

Anyhoo, hopefully your tremendous achievements so far will help keep ya motivated!

Thanks guys :D Yes, CC does seem to be suiting me at the moment, we'll see how it goes.

Couldn't start my running today as planned, I had to drive down to London and back... So will start tomorrow.

Yep another huge fan of CC for weight maintenance. You can't beat maths, if the numbers add up you are onto a winner!

Good luck with it babes

x

Hi Witchy, how are you finding the counting?

Not so bad ATM. I put on 6lb when I came off CD, and I've lost that. But I'm stuck and have been for over a week now. But I'm at the gym at least 3 -4 times a week, and I'm working out like a demon, so I'm guessing part of the problem is muscle gain. I know my thighs have dropped fat & gained muscle.:D
It is great to have a lot more energy now I'm eating again.
How's your training going?

That's cool, I bet you're feeling fit at the moment :D

Training? Only just started again after the op! I'm busily working on my mile, then going to build on it from there.

Back