is starting to disappear!
Hello all,

A little introduction.

I've been on all the conventional diets:
WeightWatchers
Slimming World
Rosemary Connelly
as well as my own healthy eating

and tried slimming tablets (various types) and patches but I have limited success each time and then put even more weight on. On average, I've gained a stone a year.

I suffer from depression, I comfort and binge eat, all things which don't help. My family don't understand, they think it's me being lazy. I eat in secret, then feel ashamed. So I decided to do some research and thought the Diet Chef was a good idea. Real food, lots of variety - what more do I need.

So armed with enough for 2 weeks, I started and I am very impressed with the quality and portion size of the food. Hardly feels like I'm on a diet!

Good luck too all - looking forward to chatting to you soon x

Thankyou. How are you finding the Cambridge Diet? x

Hi Obsy!

Glad you're liking DC - it really is a great plan.

Look forward to seeing how you get on! xx

:welcome2: Obsy

I love this diet because it hardly seems like you are on a diet..........However I have had challenging days where I have wanted/craved foods/junk that is in front of me all the time....I have 4 children and a chocoholic DH who loves to bake yummy cakes....
I also enjoy the odd glass or few of wine and largely have cut this out. I have meals out when invited but stick to the DC principles - smaller portions no carbs and no puds.....
But if you really want to do it you will...the time has to be right and you need to be in the zone and I look forward to hearing how you get on on DC. The girls here are all so friendly and supportive !

Hello all,

Well I couldn't wait so I stepped on the scales this morning and I've lost 4lb since Saturday. I can't believe you can eat all this nice food and lose weight. Not keen on some of the soups so I substitute a SlimFast which is roughly the same calories (I make it with 100ml of milk and the rest water). I only have 25ml of milk with the granola. I really think I am in the zone as they say. I'm reading the nutrition information of all the fruit/veg/pasta/potatoes etc so I stick to the rules and I had a major clearout of the cupboards. Binned loads but I live alone so no-one to complain!

Good luck all - the support really helps x

Wow that's brilliant! What an incentive!

NOW STAY OFF THE SCALES!!!!!! Ha Ha - I'm a compulsive weigher as well - or I was until I found it was messing with my head too much on the plan I'm on! (I DO still sneak on now and again but try not to take too much notice!)

Great start - keep up the good work!! xx

Thanks Jan, I just can't help it. I've tried hiding the scales but I know where they are lol.

Just tried the Parsnip and Honey soup for lunch - was vile. Won't be ordering that one again!

How are you finding Lipotrim? I can see the results but how difficult is it to stick to?

xxx

I never tried the parsnip & honey soup - didn't fancy it coz I'm not a lover of sweet with savoury.

As for Lipotrim - it's all in the mind .... no really it IS! If you have the right mind-set and don't look at it as deprivation or giving things up or doing without, but rather as a HUGE favour to yourself and a GREAT thing you're doing it's actually really easy.

No weighing (of food ;)) no measuring, no choices(hardly), no shopping, no preparation etc etc and HUGE losses.

If you can find that space in your head it's a doddle! Some people seem to insist on torturing themselves - for example there have been threads on 'virtual pub' and 'virtual restaurant' where they go and post what they're REALLY missing and what they'd really like to have. I avoid them like the plague in case they mess with my mind-set. Even if it's just planning what they're going to have when they eat again I don't agree with it personally so I just don't go there. Each to their own!! xx

Wow, think you have to be even more in the zone for that than dietchef lol. I admire people who stick to it. I would miss food too much, hence why I love the DC programme. I couldn't do the whole virtual thing - like torturing yourself for no reason. You've done brilliantly so far xxx

Thank yooo!

Personally I find the zone on this easier to find thatn the zone on eg DC ... I think that's because there just isnt any chioice of anything. You can't bargain with yourself what you'll do if you have a bit of chocolate or a glass of wine - how you might make up for it or whatever - it's just not an option. In many ways I find that a lot easier .... but I totally accept that it's not for everyone!

When's your weigh - in? I'm looking forward to seeing how you get on! x

my weigh in is wednesday officially - I'm at the docs then to see if I've lost the 2.5kgs (pah 6lbs I prefer old school!) for him to prescribe xenical. whilst I can be stubborn and use willpower, when I fall off the wagon, I hurtle off the cliff so the thoughts of accidents with xenical should help put a halt to that.

I can't help but weigh myself daily - very bad I know but I just can't resist although I get disheartened a little when I've stayed the same or put on :( xxx

LOL! I know what you mean about hurtling off a cliff! 'Fell off the wagon and ate the horse' is a good one too!!

I'm also hopelessly addicted to the scales but I HAVE learned not to take any notice (so pointless really! LOL!) because virtually every week mine show no change ...... MAD!!

As for xenical accidents!!!! Well if that doesn't stop you nothing will!! x

I'd eat the horse and the wagon lol!

Aye, the thought of those accidents is enough to stop me in my tracks! xxx

Back