• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Introductions and flaxmeal!

Hi All,

I started Atkins a week on monday (lost 8lb yayy) and have lurked on here reading all your great posts.

The mim's and bread have really caught my attention so off I went to Tesco today to buy some, couldn't find it anywhere and believe me I scoured everywhere! The staff said they'd never heard of it.

Being determind to try these brill recipes I then went to Asda and Morrisons with exactly the same outcome! AHHH I'm desperate to get some and have come home defeated and with a much lighter purse! (I cant go into a supermarket without coming out with things I had no intention of buying)

Any suggestions as to where abouts it is located in supermarkets?? Failing that, its a trip to a health food store me thinks.

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!
S: 25st0lb C: 13st1lb G: 13st1lb BMI: 24.1 Loss: 11st13lb(47.71%)
You can get flaxmeal in the Freaks, Geeks & Weirdo's aisle in Major Tesco's Molly.

Oh and welcome to the board and Atkins love. :)

TRISTAR

Silver Member
S: 21st12lb C: 12st12lb G: 9st5lb BMI: 30.9 Loss: 9st0lb(41.18%)
Hiya Molly, my Sainsburys now stocks it in re-sealable plastic bags

Zimara

Yummy mummy to be!
S: 12st3lb C: 11st1lb G: 9st7lb Loss: 1st2lb(9.36%)
My Tesco eXtra stopped stocking it but Sainsburys have a new one and it's nice. I find it in the baked goods section on the bottom shelf.

Jim, if thats the isle I think it is I tried there (love the name!), maybe my Tesco has stopped stocking it then. I'll have another mooch the next time I'm there tho so thanks for that.

I forgot about Sainsburys or I'd have gone there too! Think I've done about a 15 mile round trip today looking for it. Thanks for the heads up ladies I'll pop there tomorrow.

Dietkitty

Rebel without a calorie
S: 15st0lb C: 14st7lb G: 11st7lb BMI: 32.8 Loss: 0st7lb(3.33%)
I tried my local Tesco yesterday which is a big store and couldn't find it either. Got the baking powder and eggs tho lol. Thanks for the heads up, I'll try Sainsburys next :)

worse case holland and barret

athenagold

Carbs are Evil
S: 13st4lb C: 12st12lb G: 9st7lb BMI: 28.2 Loss: 0st6lb(3.23%)
Its in the cereal aisle in Asda x

Oh I never looked in the cereal aisle. damn! I'll know for next time, thanks for that.

It may be a trip to Holland and Barratt if I dont get it soon, really want to try these muffins!

athenagold

Carbs are Evil
S: 13st4lb C: 12st12lb G: 9st7lb BMI: 28.2 Loss: 0st6lb(3.23%)
I know I only came across it accidentally lol x

ladyfelsham

Clean green leafy machine
S: 24st11lb C: 21st4.5lb G: 10st0lb BMI: 52.9 Loss: 3st6.5lb(13.98%)
Hi Molly and welcome

Holland and Barrett (fisherman - bad experience? lol) has both golden and brown for £3.09 and 0.7 carbs per 100g.

Go forward and MiM :)

Susie

lolo

Silver Member
S: 17st2lb C: 15st5lb G: 10st10lb BMI: 34.7 Loss: 1st11lb(10.42%)
Hi Molly & welcome,
julian graves have had linseed for £1.89 half price I usually grind mine as I need it.
lorna

Hello molly! :wavey:
Good luck with your flax quest! :D

Cinta

Silver Member
S: 11st0lb C: 11st5lb G: 9st7lb BMI: 29.1 Loss: -0st5lb(-3.25%)
Hello Molly. Our big Tesco has flaxmeal, but not our local one :(. I got linseed at Holland Barretts.

Good luck :D & to Dietkitty :D x

Cinta

Silver Member
S: 11st0lb C: 11st5lb G: 9st7lb BMI: 29.1 Loss: -0st5lb(-3.25%)
Good luck. I like savoury ones, cooled sliced & toasted with cheese & marmite or cheese & peanut butter. Oh, I need some now!!! :D

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Introductions 1
Exante 5
Introductions 1
The Century Club 1
Introductions 14