Invisable Bruises..

DizzyFlowers

This is a strange one i know,

But recently iv noticed that iv got invisable bruises that are quite painfull on my lower back and a few on my legs and just noticed one on my elbow.

I orginally didnt think it had anything to do with the diet but i just googled and a few people following a low carb diet have noticed this, has anyone else?

As some of you already know i order my shakes from avidlite and use them in the same way as cambridge (which is y im always posting on this forum, i fit better here!lol)
They are meal replacments so contain the same vits and mins as cambridge, so it shouldnt be sue to a lack of them.

any ideas? or anyone else had this?

x

Hey, it is soooo strange you mentioning this. I was talking to the girls in work yesterday about the tenderness at the top of both my arms. It feel like I have been punched and bruised, but there is nothing to see. It has felt like that for a few weeks too.

As far as I am aware Avidlite Dietimeal are not meant to be used as the sole source of food?

I gather it is similar to Slim Fast where you replace say your breakfast meal for a shake and perhaps your lunch as well but that you have a proper low calorie meal in the evening plus snacks during the day, otherwise you would not be getting your daily requirements of essential vitamins, minerals and whatever else the might be lacking in the shakes.

All Sole Source diets have to be strictly monitored, so if you are not being monitored I would suggest you pay a visit to your doctor to see what the cause.

Love Mini xxx

Mia- that is quite strange! what iv found on the internet is that some ppl take vit C and it soons clears up. I mite try it!

Mini- the shakes are meal replacments and 3 a day will give me all the vits and mins i need. the same as CD.
Because it isnt moniterd your advised not to used it as sole source but it can be done the same as CD.

If i use any other dietimeal products other than the shakes, then i have to take a supliment, just so happens the others are GROSS lol.

I contacted the lady at avidlite to ask if the shakes can be used this way before i started so i did double check :)

Il be goin to CD in a month or so as i understand that not only will i need a CDC for support but il need to be monitered etc, at the moment im using dietimeal as i have an exteeeeemly tight budget!
xx

Mini- the shakes are meal replacments and 3 a day will give me all the vits and mins i need. the same as CD.
I have also been told dietimeal is fine and can be used like CD. The bruises are lack of a vitamin, ill find you the thread

As far as I am aware Avidlite Dietimeal are not meant to be used as the sole source of food?

I gather it is similar to Slim Fast where you replace say your breakfast meal for a shake and perhaps your lunch as well but that you have a proper low calorie meal in the evening plus snacks during the day, otherwise you would not be getting your daily requirements of essential vitamins, minerals and whatever else the might be lacking in the shakes.

All Sole Source diets have to be strictly monitored, so if you are not being monitored I would suggest you pay a visit to your doctor to see what the cause.

Love Mini xxx

dietmeal has never been properly reasearched like cambridge. mini is right any VLCD needs to be properly managed and just because the lady on the phone said its okay doesnt mean it is. avidlite isnt a registered pharamcy its just a low carb store.

please be careful!

When I did SS+, I had a lot of visble bruises by the end. I was told it was because I must have had higher than normal Vitamin K levels beforehand from eating a lot of greens, and so even though i still had the RDA, it was less than my body was used to. Obviously less fat for protection, and last of all, I'm a klutz so it was no surprise a lot of the bruises were on my legs (and I had about 50 on them!)

dietmeal has never been properly reasearched like cambridge. mini is right any VLCD needs to be properly managed and just because the lady on the phone said its okay doesnt mean it is. avidlite isnt a registered pharamcy its just a low carb store.

please be careful!

Hiya,

I have said that is isnt advised, so im not arguing that it is or that is okay to do it without supervision. As i did mention in my previous posts, i am taking a multivitamin on top of the shakes and plan to go on to cambridge for my last few stone.

The woman atcually advised me against ANY diet that relyed on shakes/soups as sole source. she simply said they could be used this way not that she personally said it was okay.

I understand your concern and believe me i am careful, im a big girl (in more ways that one, hehe) :)

Im getting far more vitamins and minerals now then i ever was eating junk food day in day out.

xxx

When I did SS+, I had a lot of visble bruises by the end. I was told it was because I must have had higher than normal Vitamin K levels beforehand from eating a lot of greens, and so even though i still had the RDA, it was less than my body was used to. Obviously less fat for protection, and last of all, I'm a klutz so it was no surprise a lot of the bruises were on my legs (and I had about 50 on them!)

Its nice to know theres a few of you that have/had the same problem, im going to be sorting out the vit K!!

I cant see my bruises can just feel them! and i usually notice them wen i get up in the morning, they are usually in the places i lie on!! (fatty!)

Its very weirrrrdd x

Back