Iphone 4 upgrade to 4S or not?

Maximus

Gold Member
Yay or nay?

I have the iphone 4 and was hoping (like many) for an iphone 5. I can upgrade as from tomorrow, and whilst I really like the iphone 4, is there sufficient improvement from the 4 to the 4S to justify the cost (rental costs)?

I have read mixed reviews, Siri can be hit and miss - some people love it, some will never use it. The battery life is said to be much better now (as backed up by tests on The Gadget Show). I also believe the processor is faster too.

So my question is really to those who have upgraded from 4 to 4S whether they think it was worthwhile.

I am more than happy to take a different phone (Android) - it may even be cheaper, I'm not particularly in favour of IOS or Android and have used both.

Anyone any suggestions, or have partners who have upgraded etc. - please keep comments relating to the upgrade not whether the phone is worth it or not;) (we all know it isn't :eek:)

Steve

Have you seen the new Nokia? The lumia I think it's called.

We had a demo in work the other day and it's amazing! I'm binning off the iPhone 4 when due my next upgrade (sep '12) and heading over to Nokia.

I think they've finally got their head back I'm the game!

I love my 4s. It is a better battery, i dont really use Siri much, the camera is much better (for a phone)
It is faster too - by the time the 5 comes out, i bet you can upgrade to a 5s....!!! :D

x

Have you seen the new Nokia? The lumia I think it's called.

We had a demo in work the other day and it's amazing! I'm binning off the iPhone 4 when due my next upgrade (sep '12) and heading over to Nokia.

I think they've finally got their head back I'm the game!

Not heard much about this one to be fair - not even on the smartphone rader, so to speak;)

I love my 4s. It is a better battery, i dont really use Siri much, the camera is much better (for a phone)
It is faster too - by the time the 5 comes out, i bet you can upgrade to a 5s....!!! :D

x

Did you upgrade from the 4 though Ellebear?

I also have the 4s and love it.

I have had a mobile phone for the last 16 or so years and have always had Nokia's, i never thought i would change from the nokia but OMG i love the apple!

I upgraded from the 3GS to the 4S the day it came out. The camera is good, I don't really use Siri as every time I try it just tells me it's not set up to surf UK websites, and the iMessenger is a pain in the arse as it takes longer to send than a text message used to! And then it'll send & receive the same message two or three times.

Don't get me wrong, I do still love it, but kind of wish I'd not waited for the 5 to come out, got the 4 months ago & then wouldn't now be signed into another 24 month contract...

Part of me was very tempted by the Samsung Galaxy S2, and now the novelty of the new iphone has worn off a bit I still wonder if I should have got that!

Needless to say i didn't upgrade!

Works out at £963 total package (over 24 months) and DOESN't even include picture messaging.

There isn't sufficient improvement from an Iphone 4 to justify so I will stay as I am and just purchase a sim-only deal and possibly buy an Apple Mac or Macbook Air;) whilst waiting for the next big thing in phones:cool:

Back