Ipod advice

I love my ipod & I've had it years. I'd just get one with as much memory as you can afford to buy. I'm not too sure about offers at the mo, but I usually go on Amazon or try Scan they are usually cheap but P&P can be costly.

if you can afford it a touch, i love mine, so much you can do with it. I have a 64gb but they are like over £300 and its full, with tv shows, movies and 4000 music tracks

I love my second hand nano 4th gen. 8gb. one thing i adore about ipods is true gapless playback which means that mixed dance albums arn't ruined. BUT shuffles don't have this capability.
I have a shuffle, I use it for audio books and it was a birthday pressie from hubby a few years ago. it's engraved with "naughty girls get good husbands" lol.
hubby as a broken, then mended 3rd gen nano for the car.
child has an engraved shuffle with her name on.
I would love a touch, but can't justify it.
we're an ipod family lol.

I have a 8gb ipod touch, i use it for games, facebook, the net and youtube. i have another mp3 player i use for music in the gym incase i bang it or drop it.

I have an 8gb IPod touch, I love it, I use it for the apps, internet and music, I only have a tape player in the car so I have an adapter and use my IPod in the car. IF I get back to the gym I will probably buy a shuffle because it's smaller and cheaper than a nano

Try apple refurbs they come as new condition and you get a years guarantee. Each year they bring out new models which have larger capacity, are smaller and have new features yet cost less! Depends on how much music you listen to, how often you will use it etc what model to go for. The touch is basically an iPhone without the phone function! You can get all the apps, games and search the Internet etc (as long as you have wifi access). If its just for light use a shuffle will be fine, they are handy for the gym. The apple site will tell you how many songs you can fit on all the different capacities and could give you an idea of which would suit you best. If its solely for playing music there are plenty alternative cheaper brands the Sansa ones are great and have expandable memory too which means you can use a sd card to increase capacity. X

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Depends entirely on what you want it for Emsie. If it is just for music, then a classic ipod will do you. I have a 120gb ipod with over 6000 singles on it. I can have other stuff on like photos etc. but if it is purely for music an ipod classic will house thousands of albums etc.

The ipod touch is wireless and includes web-surfing etc. as well as all the apps and stuff - great if you have wifi at home and work.

Eventually the iphone so you can use when not in wifi range via 3G or your mobile phone network. The most expensive route but best all-rounder.

Ipad2 (or forthcoming 3) will be confirmation that like me you're an Apple slave! - brilliant but more expensive than your average laptop.

Ipod classic if music only,
Touch if you want email/surfing & have wifi (64gb)
Iphone if you can justify the cost for a bit of everything.

Apple set the prices so bargains are difficult to find. Apple refurb as mentioned is the way to go.:)

Its likely you will get your moneys worth, Apples seem to last ages. I had my classic 3 years (only got rid of that cos i was desperate for a touch), and my touch will be 3 years in april and still going strong.

Beware though - it is addictive! I now have the classic, touch, phone and pad and looking at the Apple Macbook Air. The Iphone 5 and Ipad 3 are out later, but I'm not really bothered about latest upgrades (fortunately).

One thing I will advise is since I now have Iphone and classic, my touch no longer gets used. The Iphone is a touch you can talk on and use 3g.

Methinks I took the old apple-a-day saying a little too literally;)

I want it for when running and to use in the car and on docking station in house mainly but like idea of being able to use apps etc too. It just seems such a lot of money so need to be as sure as I can that am going to get use out of it :rolleyes:
I have a blackberry which I dont seem to have much success with apps on and am doing couch to 5k so could use for that but am getting to point would like to use an app for my speed and distance covered etc

it depends what you want it for really.
for running/at the gym/ etc then you would only want something small like a shuffle.

my mum and dad have touch's and they are fantastic but we dont purely because i have an iphone which does all that they do too so at home we have an ipod classic,just for music,it holds a huuuuuuuuuge amount,we've had it years,love it and when and if it ever dies will replace it without hesitation.

but yes apple products do get addictive!!! their amazing customer service cements this for me x

I have a nano for clipping to my arm when going out for a run or at the gym but also have a touch for in the house as its just a version of the iphone without the calling ablilitys which suits me as my kids like to phone random people. they are both very practical in their own ways, but I would say buy an ipod touch then get a cheaper mp3 player from say argos

Back