Ireland- bia- a bit of craic!

Thanks Celtic chick, just back from group and I lost 3lb! Very happy with that as its 10 in total and I'm back in the 9s!
Iv bought some quark but at a loss as to what to do with it? Any ideas?

Well done on your weight loss.Here's a recipe for 0.5 syn cake:

1. Whisk 4 egg whites in a bowl until they reach soft peak stage
2. In another bowl, whisk together 4 egg yolks, 4tbspn sweetener, half tub a quark, 1 tsp baking powder (1/2 syn), 1/2 tsp vanilla extract. Then whisk in half the egg whites.

3. Fold in the remaining egg whites with a metal spoon
4. Tip the mixture into a sandwich tin, lined with baking parchment (2 if you want to make a double cake with filling, or on a tray if you're doing swiss roll style)
5. Bake in oven (180c) until well risen and brown (approx. 20mins). It will sink when you first take it out, dont worry.
6. To make topping/filling- mix other half of quark tub with 1 tbspn of sweetener, as well as vanilla/fromaige frais/orange zest if you'd like.
7. Spread that or use as filling, as required and add fruits of your choice in filling/as topping.

I fill it with strawberries & banana

Hi girls, how are you all doing? I didn't think I would do well this week as all three kids have chicken pox so we have been confined to the house. Normally everything would have been popped in my mouth but I have started using my fitness pal for calorie counting and I found having to record everything kept my on track. Delighted that I lost 2lbs :)

Hi girls, how are you all doing? I didn't think I would do well this week as all three kids have chicken pox so we have been confined to the house. Normally everything would have been popped in my mouth but I have started using my fitness pal for calorie counting and I found having to record everything kept my on track. Delighted that I lost 2lbs :)

Well done Redster on the 2lbs,whatever works for you.God love you & the kids with chicken pox but at least they've all got it over with at an early age,did they have it bad?

We're on Hols in France,arrived yesterday, so gonna try be semi good food wise,if I can maintain I'll be sooo happy :)

Hi issy, how was your holiday in France?

How is everyone else doing? I am just back from a week holiday in Waterford. We went to Tramore one day and every person seemed to have fish and chips. I managed to resist. Weighed this morning and 2lbs down. so thats 50lbs to date so far, yipee.

How is everyone else doing? I am just back from a week holiday in Waterford. We went to Tramore one day and every person seemed to have fish and chips. I managed to resist. Weighed this morning and 2lbs down. so thats 50lbs to date so far, yipee.

That's great.2lbs down after a holiday.Well done.I'm just back from Spain 3.5lbs heavier.I don't mind I enjoyed myself.

On the last day of hols,home 2moro,was semi good with food,hard to resist here & no such thing as diet food in the supermarket. I've been quite active to counteract the eating lol :) Cycling & walking. I'll check weight when I get home,hope to maintain & I'll be happy.

2lbs down after a holiday,you must be delighted & smug,that's no mean feat & a wonderful example of willpower.Did you get good weather in Waterford?

No i dont feel smug. Enjoyed myself but there is a big difference from you two. I was on self catering and making all meals. If I was abroad and going out & drinking. I would be up 7lbs.

No i dont feel smug. Enjoyed myself but there is a big difference from you two. I was on self catering and making all meals. If I was abroad and going out & drinking. I would be up 7lbs.

Yeah it makes a difference when you're totally in control of your own food.I'll let you know the damage after the weekend.:)

What type of weather are we going home to?Kids have 2 more weeks of holidays to fill.

It was lashing yesterday and sunny today. Normal Irish weather.

Hiya girls, I'm going it alone at home. Well I started groups in jun -aug 2011 and lost my first stone. Gave up groups because I wasn't working and lost my second stone sept -dec 2011. Ever since Ive been plodding along & have managed to keep most of the 2 stone off, put a half stone on the last few months. I'm afraid it's going to keep going the wrong way so need motivation! Soooo wondering if I can join in :) I'm in Dublin.

Hiya girls, I'm going it alone at home. Well I started groups in jun -aug 2011 and lost my first stone. Gave up groups because I wasn't working and lost my second stone sept -dec 2011. Ever since Ive been plodding along & have managed to keep most of the 2 stone off, put a half stone on the last few months. I'm afraid it's going to keep going the wrong way so need motivation! Soooo wondering if I can join in :) I'm in Dublin.

Hey, I'm in a similar situation, started March 2011 and lost 2 stone, then went it alone and lost another half stone but in the last year a little has been creeping back on and I DO NOT want to go back!! So I'm back in the right frame of mind again and ready to lose for the final time :)

I've no excuses now, just need to move my rear end walking again and start drinking low alco wine!! I could never really get my head around the food diary so having access to the online diary really helped me. Sounds stupid and maybe it was laziness but the online diary did it all for me!

Hey, I'm in a similar situation, started March 2011 and lost 2 stone, then went it alone and lost another half stone but in the last year a little has been creeping back on and I DO NOT want to go back!! So I'm back in the right frame of mind again and ready to lose for the final time :)

Hello girls & welcome. I'm just back from hols in France & dreading the weigh-in, I currently going to group but toying with the idea of going solo with help from here. How are yis finding it?

I find doing it at home better than class, the group thing never really did it for me! I was there for about a year, when I left I bought a decent scales and keep an eye on my weight that way. Like I said a little started to creep back on but it's so easy to pull it back following slimming world :)

I find doing it at home better than class, the group thing never really did it for me! I was there for about a year, when I left I bought a decent scales and keep an eye on my weight that way. Like I said a little started to creep back on but it's so easy to pull it back following slimming world :)

Yeah I think I could try going alone, get loads of info, recipes & inspiration from here, I have a couple of trips coming up & a couple of months work experience so gonna find it hard to attend group.

Started back on plan this morning. Have to do a big shop. What plan do you follow? I do EE with the odd green day so I can have extra Hex's. Havn't tried red days yet. I love this diet, able to eat evrything within reason, I never feel deprived or restricted :greenapple: I weigh-in usually on a Weds morning.

I do mainly green days as I don't eat meat, I like having more healthy extras too!

Yeah I love the extra bread & cheese :eatdrink012: I had a sneaky weigh-in this morning & I'm 5lbs up after my 2weeks holidays, official weigh-in is at group on Weds, so mite be different then.

Back