Irish Molly's ipotrim and GL Journey thanks to Minimins

irish molly

Maintaing LT loss on GL
Lipotrim, GL and Minimins have been my saviours in the past year.
Just one year ago I began a journey that seemed impossible. I took it a day and a week at a time, setting myself small achievable goals.
I began at 294lbs or 21st.
I finished at 179lbs or 12 st 11lbs. (About my average adult weight)
I was a size 26/28
I'm now a size 14/16.
I have lost over 39% body fat and a total of 60.5 inches.
I started Lipotrim thinking I'd stick it for about six weeks. 26 weeks later I had lost 87lbs and 53.5ins.
I switched to GL hoping to lay down a good eating plan to maintain those losses and maybe lose a bit more.
24 weeks later I have maintained my LT loss and added another 28lbs and 7 inches to the total. I could have lost at a faster rate on GL if I followed it more strictly and had an exercise plan but I was in no hurry as GL is my plan for life.
Posting on Minimins and checking the progress of everyone on here was by far and away the key to the whole thing. When your resolve starts to weaken and you pop on here and either seek support or read that others are feeling the same then you gain the courage to battle on.
Thank you Lipotrim
Thank you GL esp Patrick Holford and Nigel Denby.
Most of all thank you Minimins for this site and all the fab people who post on here daily, weekly or just now and then.
You make the world a better place.

Reactions: Jim
Wow!!! What an amazing achivement! I hope people that are struggling or think they'll never lose the weight read your post, what an inspiration.

Thanks for that. I believe the support we all give each other on here is one of the key factors in succeeding with weightloss. We all need encouragement or a kick on the bum from time to time. Our fellow miniminners give us both as and when required.

Heya.
Wow, you've done amazingly, you must feel just fabulous!
I totally agree, Minimins is such a brilliant resource and the people are so fantastic.
I hope that everything continues to go so well for you.

Massive well done to you! I have 11lb to go to get to goal, I have lost almost 5 and half stone since January...

The one thing that has got me through it is Mini's, would not have got as far as I have without it...

I have to admit though, that the last 2 weeks have been slow for me... I've not really had it in me to get the last bit off... After reading this, it has given me that kick I need

Thank you tonnes for giving me an unknowing kick up the bum. :D

Best of luck maintaining! xxx
Please stick with it!!! It can be easy when you see the finishing line to think well I'm close enough so it will do. Not good enough!!! You have come this far so stay on board for the final push. The pride you will feel in yourself is amazing!!!

Heya.
Wow, you've done amazingly, you must feel just fabulous!
I totally agree, Minimins is such a brilliant resource and the people are so fantastic.
I hope that everything continues to go so well for you.
You are doing very well on your own journey. Never lose sight of your end goal. When the going gets tough just think of how happy you will be to be at a healthy weight again. Keep on the forum when you feel yourself weakening.

Thanks, it is great to hear the comments.

Wow what a lovely, and inspirational story, many congratulations on your fabulous achievement. It really helps being on this site and seeing people reaching their goals and the support is just fantastic. Before coming on here, I had never spoken about my weight issues to anyone and its people like you who share your diaries and ultimately your successes that have enabled me to address my issues and start to move toward my goal.

Well done, I hope you maintain forever and enjoy being thin!!!

x

Fantastic Molly, well done and a great read. What a motivation.

well done for reaching your goal, reading this has been a motivation that it can be done and yupp this forum helps to keep you motivated and going. :)

Wow what a lovely, and inspirational story, many congratulations on your fabulous achievement. It really helps being on this site and seeing people reaching their goals and the support is just fantastic. Before coming on here, I had never spoken about my weight issues to anyone and its people like you who share your diaries and ultimately your successes that have enabled me to address my issues and start to move toward my goal.

Well done, I hope you maintain forever and enjoy being thin!!!

x
Thank you so much for the lovley comments. It is just such support that keeps us all going. I totally agree that it is when we read the stories on here that it finally gives us the courage to begin. When our weight steadily goes up and we blame everything and everyone in the world except ourselves it is more tempting to wallow in our own pit of despair. The honesty of those posting on Minimins makes us realise that we ourselves are the only ones who can change our lives but that it can be done.
I can see you are on the same wonderful journey. Breaking the 20st barrier must feel so so fab at this point. I also admire the fact that you are doing it through careful management of calories. Continued success to you and never lose faith in your own ability to succeed.

Jim, I have read many of your posts and you have always been very honest about your own journey. You are always so supportive to others on here.

Hope123, you are so right. I think many of us would have fallen by the wayside without the support of all our Minimins family. I give it huge credit for my own success to date.

Jim, I have read many of your posts and you have always been very honest about your own journey. You are always so supportive to others on here.

I just hope it helps others Molly.

XXXX

I just thought I'd update this thread. I noticed that I last posted in Sept 2010. Another year has passed and I have done pretty well in managing to maintain my weightloss. Other than planned periods of excess like holidays or Christmas I pretty much stay stable. I expect a bit of a gain over Christmas but, like last Christmas, I will quickly bring that back under control by the end of January.
I feel great and I'm told that I look it too!! Piling on all that weight left me feeling very low about myself. I avoided mirrors at all costs and now I love looking in them!!
I still follow GL to maintain my losses. It's simply a matter of eating regularly, eating fresh and unprocessed foods and limiting very starchy carbs. I keep a strict eye in portion sizes and try to drink at least two litres of water every day. I weigh weekly but only worry about a gain over a four week period.

For me, maintaining is about not letting one bad day lead to too many more. In following GL principles, I never feel deprived or hungry. I now subconsciously watch my intake and just do not feel like I am on a "diet". I think more in terms that I have found a combination of foods that don't pile on weight for me.
So, losing the weight is possible and keeping it off is also possible. You've just got to find what works for you.

You're an inspiration, Molly! It's wonderful that you've been able to maintain your weight loss for over a year. Thank you for sharing your story!

:heartpump:

Mandy

Thks hon. I see you've just begun your journey back to your old self. You will get there. Just think for a few seconds before you reach for something naughty or take a few sips of water. It may be just enough to stop you. Good luck.

Thks hon. I see you've just begun your journey back to your old self. You will get there. Just think for a few seconds before you reach for something naughty or take a few sips of water. It may be just enough to stop you. Good luck.

Thank you, Molly!

:heartpump:

Mandy

Molly, I always go on strict induction prior to known excess eating events :D I like to have a few pounds in the bank before christmas, so I'm currently 3lbs under posted weight. :)

Jim, that's a very good plan. It's better to have it to gain than work to lose it. I must try and adopt that approach. I guess as long as we can keep a rein on ourselves we will manage well enough.
You're doing great and still a fab support to so many.

Back