Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Iron pills question

Discussion in 'Slimming World Off Topic' started by Mummy_Helen, 24 October 2010 Social URL.

1. Mummy_Helen

Mummy_Helen Silver Member

Start Weight:
    14st7lb
    Current Weight:
    10st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st12lb
    Lost(%):
    3st9lb(25.12%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    I've recently been told I'm anaemic, although I can't figure out how because I eat lots of red meats, and dark green veg, but anyway... The dr put me on iron pills, 200mg 3 x a day. The problem is... I've become... Clogged! What can I eat, or take that will be on plan but help loosen things up? I have WI on tuesday and haven't 'been' for 3 days! I just know if I don't go before tuesday I'll have a gain!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. clairex

clairex Silver Member

ask the dr to do a prescription for movicol - thats good stuff. or buy some lactulose from the chemist (or on prescription if you get them free) I'm not a constipated person or anything haha, i work at a drs surgery xxxx

4. ilovelife

ilovelife Wishing and hoping!

Fibre/fruit should help, but if is troublesome I constantly have to take Lacolose it might take time to get the right measurement but from my experience once I found the right amount it has been brillent!

5. Mummy_Helen

Start Weight:
    14st7lb
    Current Weight:
    10st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st12lb
    Lost(%):
    3st9lb(25.12%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    I eat loads of fruit anyway, and veg etc.. since I do EE, and fibre, well I think I get enough.. Normally I go 2-3 times a day! I def will mention it to the dr, I'm there today for blood tests anyway.

6. Happy Holidays

Happy Holidays Gold Member

Start Weight:
    9st11lb
    Current Weight:
    8st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st9lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2lb(11.68%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
  7. Mummy_Helen

Start Weight:
    14st7lb
    Current Weight:
    10st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st12lb
    Lost(%):
    3st9lb(25.12%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    I drink 3 litres of water a day plus green tea on top, so I think I'm drinking enough. it's not the fibre that has clogged me up, it's only been since I started taking the iron pills.

I spoke to my dr this morning and he's told me that I would be ok with senna at this stage, so I got some senakot max strength, so I'll try that tonight.

8. Kater-tater

Kater-tater Gold Member

Start Weight:
    12st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st13lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I wad put on iron tablets as i was borderline annecmic but the 'clogging' and the pain with it was too much to bear!

9. Minimunchkins

Minimunchkins Gold Member

Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    'Real' iron tabs did the same for me & my daughter when pregnant (23yrs apart) - so we both decided just not to take them. I never noticed any problems myself but had a blood donation refused at the intitial test stage. I had to see my GP who sent off another test but luckily she only suggested I start taking a multi-vit + iron. No refusals since (& no other probs, if you know what I mean!).

10. Mummy_Helen

Start Weight:
    14st7lb
    Current Weight:
    10st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st12lb
    Lost(%):
    3st9lb(25.12%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    Well, the senakot didn't work in time for WI, I think I was so clogged that it took a few days worth of taking to get things moving, I did manage to lose a lb which I was ecstatic over since I was convinced I'd have a gain. But today I haven't stopped going!! (sorry TMI) I don't ever weigh at home, so I don't know how much I've lost since WI last night, but I'm hoping that it'll be even better news for next week..lol

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.