is 1lb per week a normal loss?

broxi

ButtErFly
I've been doing SW now for 4 weeks and have lost 1lb each week. It's very slow but very easy to stick to. Is this normal? I have a lot to lose so it will be a while before I notice any difference. Does anyone else have slow but consistent losses?

broxi said:
I've been doing SW now for 4 weeks and have lost 1lb each week. It's very slow but very easy to stick to. Is this normal? I have a lot to lose so it will be a while before I notice any difference. Does anyone else have slow but consistent losses?

I think this is normal for a lot of people and it is a really good healthy loss. People get all sorts of losses for different reasons and how your lifestyle was before starting will have a bearing on losses at first. As will how much you have to lose (if you have posted stats I can't see them on my phone) and also how much you stick to the plan 100% which sounds like you're doing. Keep going :)

I second peacelily! Very normal :) keep going!

Yes, 1-2lbs a week loss is v normal and healthy so keep up the good work!

thanks for the encouragement folks! Yes if I lose 1lb a week I'd be thin in just over a year. Would be very depressing if SW wasn't so enjoyable and easy to stick to. Saying that I blew it tonight by mistake, being given ordinary coke instead of diet and butter in my potatoes when I asked for none. Never mind, I'll just get back on it tomorrow

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees!!! I am a 1 pound a week person and I lost 3 stone a couple of years ago at a pound a week....keep going!!!

I have big losses, i lose 3-4lbs on good weeks, BUT i don't lose every week, and if you even it out it is 1lb a week that i lose, so i think i would rather be like you and lose 1lb a week than lose 3-4lbs one week and nothing the next!!! Keep at it, better off than on ;) xxx

1lb a week is fab! Towards the end of my journey I only lost half a pound a week, a dripping tap fills a bucket and if you keep on with such great motivation you will get there! I did!!! :)

Im losing on average a 1lb a week I joined at the end of May and ive lost my first stone .... as long as its coming off I can live with that :) so stick with it

thanks people, yes I'm totally realising this is right. I feel much thinner after about 6 weeks and 1/2 stone even although I've still 4 stone more to lose. But this plan is very very easy and enjoyable so I can live with it very well.

Well done broxi! Great motivation that, you will do well! Just keep doing what yr doing, remember if it aint broke, dont fix it! :)

Back