Is 2lb a week Realistic?

EmmaLou

Hi all, Just a quick question, i am on day 6 of my first week. this is my first time doing SW. I don't have a chance to go meetings at the moment, because OH works late, so no one to look after children and there are no morning groups near me. Anyway I would love to lose 4st by end July. I need to lose 6st. So I'm aiming for 2lb a week loss. Do you think this is realistic?? Any advice, tips or general comments welcome. Thanks Emma x

Hey,

2 lbs a week is definitely realistic. Some weeks you will loose more, others you will lose less. Just don't ever get disheartened if it's not as quick as you would like, make small realistic interim targets for yourself and work towards those!
If you follow the plan the weight will fall off you and minimins is an amazing support group!!
Good luck Hun, let me know how you get on.

Beckie x

2lbs a week is realistic, although if you fall short of it, but know you have been 100% don't fret as it takes some people a while to lose weight! Direct or scenic route! Your choice?! :D Good luck!

I am also aiming for 2lb a week. I want to be slim and healthy for my holidays in Italy this year. I made a promise to myself last year that I would never be fat again on holiday as it spoilt it for me. Good look with your goals x

I'm averaging 1.7lbs a week, just keep up with your superfree and don't let them go by the wayside. Take a look at your book for speed and superspeed as they really do work. Good luck! X

Definately realistic i'd say, especially with a goal to aim for to keep you 'in the zone!'. Good luck and enjoy :)

Bee x

I would say so, I am aiming for the same. But like people have said I am not going to be disheartened if I stick to it and lose less - a loss is moving in the right direction

I am also aiming for 2lb a week. I want to be slim and healthy for my holidays in Italy this year. I made a promise to myself last year that I would never be fat again on holiday as it spoilt it for me. Good look with your goals x

me to when i went away with my family on a cruise i resfused to go swimming as i didnt want anyone to see me in a costume i felt really bad for the kids. I have another one booked in october this year and im determined i will do it this time and feel great in an evening dress aswell and not like a fat sausage bursting out of a frumpy dress

Don't set your sights too high or it might demotivate you if you don't lose as much as hoped.
I lose about 1lb a week when following SW 100% and could never lose 2lb every week over a period of months... Everyone is different and you might find it does come off that fast which would be great, but it might well take longer...
Good luck :)

Yes I average 0.5-1lb a week which feels painfully slow but then I remind myself how much it can up to over the course of a year... keeps me going! xxxxxx

hey, 2lbs a week is very realistic! and well done for losing 8lbs in your first week! *pats you on back*

xx

Mine is coming off slowly but i only have 16lb to go now

inspirational comments i am also hoping to lose 2lbs a week so hope i can stick with it

Thanks to everyone for the advice.
I WI this morning and I've lost 3lb!!! Yippee!!!

Just to let u all know, my ticker at the bottom is an old one, I'm using the mininis app on iPhone. So can't change it x

As the saying goes, it didn't come on overnight so it won't come off overnight! As long as you remember every half a pound is a pack of butter you'll remember it all adds up! X

yep to echo what everyone else has said very realistic. Have you thought about taking your kids with you? I don't know how feasible this is for you or would you prefer to have it as 'you time?'

Back