Is 536 cals a day really safe on a total food replacement diet?

Sassykate

I want to start a total food replacement diet (Shake that weight).

I am allowed 4 shakes a day at 134 cals each so that would be 536 cals a day. It does say on the website that its ok to do a TMR but im nervous. How do you not get poorly whilst eating so little? I am going to ask my doctor for weekly check ups to make sure im doing ok but not sure what to ask for? ie bloods, blood pressure, urine, ketosis sticks etc.

What do you think? x

If you're doing a proper vlcd there's no need to worry. They're totally safe. You honestly don't need to see a doctor certainly not once a week. I think hed end up chasing you after a few weeks tbh and refusing to do them. There's no way a doctor will do blood tests every week. Ketostix are a waste of money don't even start going down that road. other diets like Cambridge require a doctors signature to start so even gps approve of them :) Maybe every couple of months if you want reassured but honestly there totally safe. The packs contain 100% of the nutrients you need so in actual fact you'll probably be healthier on this than you have been up til now :)

Don't worry so much :). There's loads of us doing them and were surviving and not having medical check ups

Last edited:
Thanks for your reply. I've tried Cambridge about 7 years ago but it made me feel poorly. (Lightheaded) Im hoping this time round will be different but nervous and already feeling like im going to fail :( xx

Hey,

I get light headed when only on my three cambridge products. So Instead of doing that step, I was doing the step where i was having the three shakes and a little small meal in the afternoon.
As you will know, there is a list of allowed foods and its gotta be weighed.
I think cainbridge do it the right way, by making you see someone at least a few times a month. Because my BMI was under 40 I did not have to see a doc at all. But my cambridge person still made sure I was fit enough first, she checks in on me. Makes sure we are all ok etc.
You should be ok, as starlight said, you are getting all your daily vitamins etc, the issue might be your job. People who have a demanding job and do a lot of running about are not recommended by cambridge to do the shake only diet.
I was told by my cambridge consultant it can also be caused by loosing a lot of weight at once. One week I lost 10lb and aparnatly my body did not have time to ajust.

Good luck, and I hope shake that weight works for you, fingers crossed you don't get the lightheadedness.

Back