Is A Stepper Any Good??

vix88

Silver Member
I've just brought a stepper (not sure why haha)

What are the benefits from using it?

I don't really want to build muscle, just want to burn fat.

:D

Exercising on the stepper will cause weight loss throughout your whole body, not just your legs.

The amount of time spent on the stepper makes a difference in the rate of fat burning. It’s recommended you do 60 to 90 minutes of cardio, five days a week to lose weight. Short exercise bouts on the stepper, spread throughout the day to meet this guideline, has the same fat-burning effect as exercising in one long session.

When you use the step machine, you activate multiple muscles in your lower body, such as the glutes, hamstrings, quadriceps and calves. When you build muscle, you increase your resting metabolic rate and burn more calories throughout the day. Even small gains of muscle contribute. For example, a single pound of added muscle will cause you to burn an extra 30 to 50 calories a day.Increasing the resistance makes the exercise harder, which in turn increases the workload on your muscles.

Interval training involves alternating your intensity back and forth from high to low while you use the stepper. This causes your body to burn a high amount of calories after you are done exercising, which leads to quicker fat loss. Such factors as oxygenation of circulatory hormones, body temperature returning to normal and the heart rate lowering back to normal can all have an effect.

The increased caloric expenditure from these factors is known as the excess post-exercise oxygen consumption. The harder you work out on the stepper, the greater results you will have. This effect is also seen with high-intensity weight training.

When you consume more calories than you burn, you gain weight. When you consume fewer calories than you burn (i.e., a caloric deficit), you lose weight. Reducing calories and using the stair stepper creates a two-fold fat-burning effect. A 500-calorie daily deficit can cause about 1 lb. of weight loss a week.

It's a machine stepper

I really don't want to gain muscle on my calfs (they are too muscley)

Thanks for the information...Helped me alot :D

Back