Green Days Is all fruit free?

I can't think of any fruit that isn't free - some veggies aren't because they are starchy. Perhaps someone that does more green days can comment?

yes all fruit is free on green. You can have fresh or frozen (in its natural form) Most are speed or super speed which is great. I personally avoid bananas and grapes because they aren't speed foods but are still free.

Have as much fruit as you like, and SW recommend that you reach for fruit as a snack, however if you make fruit into smoothies, it has to be synned.
x

Thanks so much! Also for those who are familiar with green, I am allowed 2 hex a right? And 2 babybell is 1 hex a, so could I eat 4 baby bells if I wanted and use both hex as, or should I use my other choice for milk to vary it?
Xxx

Yes Blueberry you on green you are allowed two hex a and two hex b. You can use both a's on babybells if you want but don't forget that variety is the spice of life! lol

Also if you use babybell lites you can have 3 as a hex a

Lol yeah sometimes I will use a hex a on milk for my porridge or something like that, babybells are quite handy though to pop a couple in my handbag for when I'm out and about and get a bit hungry mid afternoon!! Thanks for the quick replies! Xxxx

id have light babybells... you can have 3 for a healthy B!

Is all fresh fruit free on green or just certain ones? I have a SW book that only lists a few and is unclear about if you can have others.
Xxx

No, not all fruit is free - avocado is high in syns on all plans. Higher than a bar of chocolate! And I think some of the more obscure ones as well.

Also tinned or cooked fruit is not syn free although some can be taken as a HEB option.

Durian and quinces are listed as having syns in the handbook - I couldn't even tell you what a durian looked like, and I thought that you had to cook quinces for them to be edible (which might explain why it has syns!). Everything else (apart from avocados, as circes says) is listed as free, if eaten raw.

Durian and quinces are listed as having syns in the handbook - I couldn't even tell you what a durian looked like, and I thought that you had to cook quinces for them to be edible (which might explain why it has syns!). Everything else (apart from avocados, as circes says) is listed as free, if eaten raw.

No you can't eat quinces raw - they are very hard and very sour. Lovely cooked, though. And there is a quince paste which you can eat with cheese.

This is a Durian

and if you want to know more about it, have a look at Wikipedia:
Durian - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It is from Malaysia and Indonesia, and is very popular in Thailand. Apparently it tastes wonderful but smells so bad that it is forbidden to take it on public transport it some countries!

Durian are also banned in most hotels in Malaysia - it takes weeks to get rid of the smell apparently. We went on honeymoon & hubby had a durian flavoured sweet - he didn't get a kiss for ages afterwards!

So avocado is a fruit? Never knew that...always assumed it was a veg. Learn something new everyday!

I was thinking about avocados yesterday at class. I searched through my book and found nothing. Assumed it'd be bad (due to the fat content) and thus decided I'm willing to forego avocado for a bit :)

I'm very much missing avacado. I used to have it in salads all the time and my all time favourite meal is baked avacado with stilton. Oh well, I;ll just have to start really liking broccoli!

Back