is anyone else a bit sceptical of EE??

I have only had one EE day since I started the plan again 6 weeks ago and it didn't hinder my weight loss that particular week, however, I'm quite happy just doing Red/Green at the moment, but, I think the whole purpose of EE is to make it easier to stick to, so if I ever feel like I'm really struggling, I would much rather have an EE day than abandon the plan altogether, plus I can't wait to get to target as I'll probably use EE all the time then as its the most normal eating possible

EE doesn't apply to me at all as I'm a vegetarian, but it looks to me like a way of trying to bring home the message to people that this is a permanent change of eating habits, rather than 'a diet' - it's a more 'normal' way of eating than the Red and Green days, in a sense, so easier to stick with for good. The trade-off is that weight loss will be a little slower, but as we all should know by now, THAT'S A GOOD THING! The EE plan seems designed to help people get away from the destructive concept of 'dieting' and help them to eat healthily for good. I for one applaud SW's efforts to change people's attitudes and behaviour permanently, because that's what actually makes the difference, in the long run.

EE doesn't apply to me at all as I'm a vegetarian, but it looks to me like a way of trying to bring home the message to people that this is a permanent change of eating habits, rather than 'a diet' - it's a more 'normal' way of eating than the Red and Green days, in a sense, so easier to stick with for good. The trade-off is that weight loss will be a little slower, but as we all should know by now, THAT'S A GOOD THING! The EE plan seems designed to help people get away from the destructive concept of 'dieting' and help them to eat healthily for good. I for one applaud SW's efforts to change people's attitudes and behaviour permanently, because that's what actually makes the difference, in the long run.

Good post, great attitude! :D

I have only had one EE day since I started the plan again 6 weeks ago and it didn't hinder my weight loss that particular week, however, I'm quite happy just doing Red/Green at the moment, but, I think the whole purpose of EE is to make it easier to stick to, so if I ever feel like I'm really struggling, I would much rather have an EE day than abandon the plan altogether, plus I can't wait to get to target as I'll probably use EE all the time then as its the most normal eating possible
I agree, I mainly did green days up till Christmas when I couldn't get back to class, Started back doing EE and on 1st weigh in last wed lost 4.5lb. I would rather slot in the EE days when I feel I am missing out on something like spag bol or lasange with beef rather than quorn, as opposed to blowing the plan for that day and feeling bad. I think I will probably stick to about 1 red 3 green and 3 EE days each week.

Back