Is anyone else loaing to get Clomid?

TriedThemAll

My BMI was 52 when I first starting slimming world in 2010 and is now 42. I have been told by the hospital that I need clomid as I don't ovulate by myself. This is the main reason I am back on slimming world 100% after a 6 week break. I gained about a stone of what I had lost so am working hard to get a lot of that off before weigh in! It would be nice to hear from anyone else in the same boat :)

I'm not sure what that means, but didn't want to just read and run. Good luck with your weightloss, and well done with what you've done so far x Jo x

I thought i was going to need clomid, but I lost weight in the run up to my wedding, went from being slightly overweight to a healthy weight, and I went from having 2 periods a year to getting pregnant first month off the pill after the wedding. Losing weight can have a really positive effect on fertility, so really good luck with your weightloss, keep focused on what you're losing weight for and you'll get there.

I'm not (we seem to be super fertile in my family) but I wanted to say good luck and well done in what you have lost so far :)

I'm losing weight to have a baby, don't know if I need clomid yet, just having all the bloods etc done at the moment prior to getting referred. My BMI has gone from 49 to 38 which is great but still not good enough. You've done amazing so far so well done!

Good luck - I have a food diary and a ttc diary if you ever fancy a chat about either. TTC with no success is soul destroying and we all need a shoulder to cry on now and then xxx

I have just completed 2 rounds of clomid, and waiting to hear what happens next, docs tomorrow, my BMI was ok so I was given it, but am loosing weight to see if it helps conceiving, my son took 4 years and I fell when I had lost loads of weight, down to 9 1/2 st. Then put it all back on! So now trying that again!!

Thanks for all the replies. I got caught with my daughter straight away. It was literally....we want to try, 2 weeks later....pregnant. The docs have told me she is a fluke (best fluke ever!!!) and that I just don't ovulate by myself. My BMI needs to be 25 before they will help me. I've had blood tests and scans galore! This time im determined because I'm 30 now and worry if I leave it any longer, it will be too late. I must do this!!! :)

TriedThemAll said:
Thanks for all the replies. I got caught with my daughter straight away. It was literally....we want to try, 2 weeks later....pregnant. The docs have told me she is a fluke (best fluke ever!!!) and that I just don't ovulate by myself. My BMI needs to be 25 before they will help me. I've had blood tests and scans galore! This time im determined because I'm 30 now and worry if I leave it any longer, it will be too late. I must do this!!! :)

Well if you've left it too late then I'm screwed haha at the age of 34 :/ At least you have done it before so you know that you can (theoretically at least). 30 isn't old at all :)

I've had most of the bloods done now, having yet another day 21 test tomorrow and then day 2 - 5 next month. There is a possibility that I don't ovulate as my progesterone results waver between borderline and awful but need more work done to figure that out for sure. Then it's getting husband checked out and then waiting...

I need to be BMI 30 so got another 4.5 stone to lose to get there. Glad it's not 25 where I am, I'm gonna be waiting long enough as it is! x

Im loosing weight too ttc after watching..one born every minuet - plus size mums and scaring my self silly

. ... and just wanted to say good luck I hope everything works out, :) xxx

When i wanted to have another baby i just couldnt get pregnant and my periods were so far apart and sometimes i wasnt ovulating as i was using ovulation sticks to check. It took me over a year to get pregnant even though with my first 2 i got pregnant straightaway. For the first 10 months or so we were trying i had joined and given up slimming world and my weight had crept up and i was the heaviest ever. I rejoined sw and after losing some weight my periods started to regulate and i started to ovulate after every cycle and fell pregnant a couple of months later so you never know you might not need the clomid in the end x

missy1978 said:
Well if you've left it too late then I'm screwed haha at the age of 34 :/ At least you have done it before so you know that you can (theoretically at least). 30 isn't old at all :)

I've had most of the bloods done now, having yet another day 21 test tomorrow and then day 2 - 5 next month. There is a possibility that I don't ovulate as my progesterone results waver between borderline and awful but need more work done to figure that out for sure. Then it's getting husband checked out and then waiting...

I need to be BMI 30 so got another 4.5 stone to lose to get there. Glad it's not 25 where I am, I'm gonna be waiting long enough as it is! x

I know 30 isn't old but I worry that it's only going to get worse as I get older. Lol. I don't have the day 21 bloods anymore because I can go months with nothing so it doesn't work for me. My other half has been checked and is fine. I need a BMI of 35 so have a few stone to lose! I have a review in march so would love to get there by then. Good luck with your ttc journey :) x

AmyLeonard said:
Im loosing weight too ttc after watching..one born every minuet - plus size mums and scaring my self silly

. ... and just wanted to say good luck I hope everything works out, :) xxx

Good luck to u too Amy :) x

Safia said:
When i wanted to have another baby i just couldnt get pregnant and my periods were so far apart and sometimes i wasnt ovulating as i was using ovulation sticks to check. It took me over a year to get pregnant even though with my first 2 i got pregnant straightaway. For the first 10 months or so we were trying i had joined and given up slimming world and my weight had crept up and i was the heaviest ever. I rejoined sw and after losing some weight my periods started to regulate and i started to ovulate after every cycle and fell pregnant a couple of months later so you never know you might not need the clomid in the end x

I hope so! I keep telling myself that if I've had 1 then surely I can have another. The only difference is my weight. I was a size 16 when I had my daughter and now I am a size 20/22 so need to get this weight off!!! Plus I have my pram and name picked so all I need now is the baby. Haha x

I know this is very easy to say but hard to do, dont get stressed because i found that i was going mad on my mission to get pregnant with my 3rd and was always so stressed and upset. The month when i was relaxed and had decided that i needed break was when i got pregnant! X

TriedThemAll said:
I know 30 isn't old but I worry that it's only going to get worse as I get older. Lol. I don't have the day 21 bloods anymore because I can go months with nothing so it doesn't work for me. My other half has been checked and is fine. I need a BMI of 35 so have a few stone to lose! I have a review in march so would love to get there by then. Good luck with your ttc journey :) x

Thank you - hope everything works out for you too! Come chat in the ttc room if you ever need to bend someone's ear ;) x

Safia said:
I know this is very easy to say but hard to do, dont get stressed because i found that i was going mad on my mission to get pregnant with my 3rd and was always so stressed and upset. The month when i was relaxed and had decided that i needed break was when i got pregnant! X

Because it had been so long now, part of me has given up so I don't bother having hundreds of tests in the house anymore. It got to the point where it was taking over my life. I was imagining pregnancy symptoms, spending a
Fortune on tests and then being deco stated every month and crying myself to sleep. I'm way more relaxed now and concentrating on losing the weight :)

TriedThemAll said:
I can't find the ttc room. I'm using my phone x

It's not in the slimming world section, it's in the main forum under General Weight Loss Support. There was a SW TTC thread over here but it got moved to the TTC forum :( There's a lot of us there, all at different stages of our TTC journeys!

The relaxation thing is hard because the more I get told to relax the more stressed I get! I swear I can feel my blood pressure rising lol ;) I end up feeling like it's my fault that I can't conceive because I'm not relaxed enough and then I get miserable and beat myself up about it. Basically I can't win!

I just try not to think about it as much as possible and I never test unless I'm actually late, unlike the first few months when I went a bit mental! It's hard though when half the world seems to be pregnant and all I can think is 'why not me?' I only want one and I can't even manage that... *sigh*

Ah well, onwards and upwards. Hoping that all of us TTC have some good luck soon x

Back