is anyone else scared of allowing themselves to get hungry?

Littleslimmingbee

Gold Member
hey guys,

iv been reading through some of your food diarys, and iv come to the conclusion that i eat alot more than some of you, i also noticed (cant remember who) someone saying they tend to have 1 proper meal a day (evening) and smaller things throughout the day.. now i know that its allowed but other than my 2 cereal bars for breaky, my meals REALLY are big portions..

iv come to the conclusions, i am scared of getting hungry, i hate being hungry it makes me grumpy and that is my danger zone of eating naughty things. - this may also explain my need to plan every single meal to the T every single week-

this week iv tried to only eat when hungry. that lasted a day.

At one point last week i concidered compying Brightonrosies fastforward week (mainly because my C would never put me on it, mainly because i am still loosing) but when i looked.. i was actually scared. I wouldnt last 4 hours..

is it just me? x

No, I don't really allow myself to get hungry either Fern. Although, I tend to snack on fruit alot rather than anything else. It's usually cos what I am craving is sugary stuff and so I have fruit that is crammed with natural sugars to stop me eating the bad stuff.

If I got hungry and wasn't prepared though, I do think I would reach for the bad stuff :p xx

Whatever you're doing must be working Ferninator! If it ain't broke don't fix it! :D

If you're still losing then don't worry about it! You've done incredibly well so why change now? If you reduce what you eat significantly it might actually hinder your weight loss. As long as what you're eating is good, which it must be as you've lost so much weight, then carry on just as you are!!

i was working on that princible, i was just slightly concerned i might be way over doing it.... mainly because when i tried to think about what i could eat for lunch that wasnt a 'main meal' i was completly stuck LOL

Everyone is different, so what may seem little to you may seem adequate food for them. I eat about 6 times in a day, but 2 of my meals are normally good sized portions.
Another thing I do so that I don't feel hungry throughout the day is to have my breakfast late (around 10:30am) and that keeps me satisfied throughout the day.

Well helloooo ladies!! Isn't that the whole point of SW though? That we fill up on the good stuff to our satisfaction which should then lead to us only wanting little amounts of the not so good stuff?! As others have rightly said, food optimising has obviously worked for you Fern- I've also got a very healthy appetite and this is exactly why I chose SW in the first place over plans where you have to count every little thing you put in your mouth and end up risking feelings of deprivation!!XXXX

Fern, we are all different, and you have done so well so you are obviously doing it right!
I think some people need to eat more than others, which is why SW is so brilliant. It has the flexibility for us to eat how much we want, and still stick to the plan.
For me, one meal a day is generally enough, and any more I tend to feel bloated. However, saying that, when I am hungry I eat, so I don't remain hungry or I know old habits will creep back.
So, eat as you need to. You know your appetite and always make right choices.
Please don't remain hungry. You really don't want to be grumpy! ;)

I ate all the time especially if I am feeling hungrey - for me if I don't eat then my blood sugar drops and the risk of sabbtage looms

I'm 'scared' of getting hungry, because I know from experience once I get ravenous, when I do eat I just can't stop and I'm more likely to go off plan. I think I eat a lot compared to others that do SW, but we're all different and so long as it works for you keep on doing it!

I eat loads too I pile my plate at mealtimes so that I dont get so hungry during the day.
My ex cons was always telling us to eat slower and stop when full I am afraid if there is food on my plate I have to finish it .... I think also worried that if I dont then I will get hungry before my next meal and worried because I didnt eat a big enough meal that a fruit snack later just wont be enough.

I look at my diary too and think that there is too much I eat 6-7 times a day :eek:

Fern don't worry! I could out eat most people from my SW class! I never thought of it as being scared of hunger, some people just have bigger appetites. Whatever we're doing is working so it's all good :)

I eat loads, infact both me & hubby have the same size tea portions!!

I need to eat as otherwise I crave chocolate etc, but I do have a big appetite I just make sure now that I fill up on all the "good" stuff!

I usually have a decent breakfast, a light lunch and then a large dinner (my favourite meal of the day) but apart from a couple of Alpen light bars and drinks I don't eat again until breakfast the next day.

But, after following this diet for almost a year now, I find that if I get a 'munchies' day, I just go ahead and eat, and get it out of my system, and go straight back on plan the next day, this usually works for me.

Back