Is anyone else struggling with superfree in this weather?

alwyn

Silver Member
I am, I just don't want to snack on fruit and veg when it's cold and I just want comfort food!

It's not a request for support or ideas, just wondering if anyone else feels the same!

alwyn said:
I am, I just don't want to snack on fruit and veg when it's cold and I just want comfort food!

It's not a request for support or ideas, just wondering if anyone else feels the same!

Me too , so I make soups & veg shepherd pie etc , I've no interest in crunching on celery or salad ATM , I want stodgy food !
My scan bran carrot cake does that for me too !!

Ooh yeah, I'd forgotten about soups! And I suppose there are stews and things, just stuff seems to be more effort when it's cold and I want food NOW!

I make a batch of soup and put in the freezer. Take one out and put in microwave when I fancy.
Also make a lot of stews in slow cooker and keep in fridge or freezer so handy when I want warm food, by the time it is warmed up in microwave my veg is ready. Makes a hearty meal.

I've had a pineapple sat in the kitchen for a week now- can't even bring myself to cut it, never mind eat it!!

I've got a load of veg soup in the freezer so I've been warming them up when I need to. Also- steam fresh bags have been this saviour this week.

I find that roasted vegetables are great comfort food. And navel oranges are at their best at this time of year. Just had one, and might have another in a minute!

Not really, Im not eating cold veg but Im eating tons of soup/stew/casserole leftovers. I even had a 500g bag of Brussels sprouts (cooked and smothered in brown sauce) as a snack t'other day :rolleyes: Only teks 8 min to steam 'em :8855:

Snacking on loads of peaches, nectarines, pears, they're quite filling as fruit goes and never really seem cold.

I am a big fan of sprouts too :bolt: watch out for the fall out :D

I do know what you mean, I'm not loving eating my fruit but am having plenty of veg in soups and casseroles.

its not what i am eating a the mo i just dont seem to have the energy to cook because my front room is so cozy and the kitchen seems to far away which could be a good thing cause i am eating less...just through pure laziness hahahahaha

Bunnylush that made me laugh. Great demonstration of how to eat veg. I was going to roasted veg but realised I had left a curry to defrost. So had it with boiled rice, plenty of salad, sprouts and carrots. Will have the veg for tea tonight. Enjoy your Sunday.

its not what i am eating a the mo i just dont seem to have the energy to cook because my front room is so cozy and the kitchen seems to far away which could be a good thing cause i am eating less...just through pure laziness hahahahaha

And that's another thing - my kitchen is flaming freezing!!! Who wants to spend hours in there prepping food?

I know the feeling! I was out in the freezing cold this morning with only a very juicy apple to eat. My fingers got cold :(

Back