Is anyone SSing over christmas?

rade

try, try & try some more!
Just curious, because i am taking 2 weeks off over christmas... not gonna go too nuts, but will enjoy the holidays and go out etc...

My friend on CD said it maybe wasn't a good idea as i'm only finishing my 3rd week.. but i haven't cheated at all (unlike them ha!)

I honestly think if i did CD over xmas i would resent it, and maybe lose all the motivation i've got to stick at it! would be starting up again the first week of jan and would probably need another 3-4 months to get to target...

what you guys doing?

im gona eat turkey and sprouts but not gona go mad, may have potatoes if i fancy em but im only gona take the one day off maybe 2 for boxing day but im not gona go out and drink loads and get wasted and eat loads of junk x

just came across another christmas related post and it seems most people are not really taking it off at all! just having chicken and veg plus shake etc....

jeez... may need to have a rethink! i don't wanna take a day here or there as i'm not gonna struggle to get into ketosis over and over again, may just have a week solid off instead... hmmm :confused:

Well i've worked the last 3 years over xmas and new year, this year i have both off, have 4 nights out planned with different peeps over about a 10 day period so was gonna take the time off SS as i will be drinking and i ain't half doing it, ya know?

I guess the only problem is people might be less inclined to start back, but i will, i will not cheat til xmas, haven't at all yet, and think i will have earned a little of a social life over the festive hols!

I only wish i'd heard of this diet 3-4 months earlier then i would be nearing target for xmas!! :D

i know i have only jusyeard of this,my nan told me about it coz 3 of her friends done it, i cheated last night but i was sick after, i know it would of knockd me out of ketosis but at least all of that yucky food came back up lol. i got my first wi tomoro. so hw much u wana lose? x

hi, i'm ss through christmas and i imagine it would bevery difficult as i already have been invited to many dinner parties. but for me, now i finally have the motivation to do this so i won't take any time off and as for dinner parties, i think i'm just gonna say no to most of them.

i am not sure what i am doing.. i am hoping to have atleast 2 stone off by then.. i dont want to mess it up.. weight loss is so important to me.. i think i will just have my turkey dinner nothing else on xmas day then back to it boxing day... with abit of tukey for dinner..

I ss'd through last Christmas and New Year.... It was sooooo easy, I cooked ... and all that... but not one crumb passed my lips.... theres loads more Christmases around the corner....

I now for the last two months have been trying to get rid of 12lbs.... not a lot.... but once you start eating, its so hard to get back on the wagon!!!!!

I would definately not eat over Christmas!!!!

nas x

maybe not the right answer. i will eat xmas dinner, less the sprouts yuk. dont really eat puddings anyway so thats not a problem but the choccies !!!! wait and see. im not going to beat myself up over it . am hoping to be a my first goal of 10 s 10 by xmas but to be honest i could get there sooner ....

good luck with whatever you decide to do

I have been thinking a bit about it and I am planning to SS but with the option of maybe having meat and green leafy veg for dinner.
Basically if you stick to an atkins style meal I would imagine ketosis wouldn't be affected too much. Someone can correct me if I am wrong, as I am just guessing here.
I am hoping not to though, it is so important to me that I succeed this time, I am not sure what I would do next if I can't stay on the LL wagon for a just a few months to shift the majority of my lard.

Just thought i would put in my little tale here! I stopped ssing last xmas (after loosing 5 st), said to myself i would have a week off, and have been trying all year to get back on the wagon. I have started again today, and if i manage to stick ss until xmas, i am not coming off it for anything. So think long and hard about coming off ss, a vlcd diet is sooo hard to get back into!

Have regained 2 of those 5 st too...:sigh:

I also came off S/S last xmas and have not been able to get back into it, hence I am a stone heavier.
If I am into CD by xmas I wont be coming off either.

oh dear, I was thinking I'd enjoy myself (food wise) in social occasions but have the shakes for none social meals. I love Christmas so much and the eating is such a huge part of it. but then is that not one of the battles of food taking over, I know I should enjoy Christmas for getting together with friends and family but it won't feel like christmas without food, oh dear it's a difficult one. you ladies saying you struggled to get back to SS afterwards worried me. did you struggle with SS when you first started doing it or was it easy the first time and difficult to restart?

oh dear, I was thinking I'd enjoy myself (food wise) in social occasions but have the shakes for none social meals. I love Christmas so much and the eating is such a huge part of it. but then is that not one of the battles of food taking over, I know I should enjoy Christmas for getting together with friends and family but it won't feel like christmas without food, oh dear it's a difficult one. you ladies saying you struggled to get back to SS afterwards worried me. did you struggle with SS when you first started doing it or was it easy the first time and difficult to restart?

When i first did ss (June 06), i found it really easy. Looking back, i can see why they call your first time on ss your 'golden time'. Make the most of it ladies!

For me, ss was like a one hit wonder. It worked brilliantly where nothing else had. Trouble is, after doing cd successfully, it's like other diets dont exist for me now. Cd works, so why do anything else? BUT the hard bit is getting back into it. This is such a battle. I really dont know why. It's almost like your body fights against it.

I plan on SS'ing until xmas, have a few days...then maybe SS for a week (If I gain a lot) then work my way up through the plans. My parents are coming to me this year so it would be rude not to eat!:rolleyes:

That qusetion really you will know nearer the time , as you can change your way of thinking and theres nothing you can do about it but to go with what you are thinking then , . so as it comes close you will know . I was so postive second time around then just went and had food , I thought how did that happen when i was so postive . huh

Back