Is anyone starting Monday 31st Oct?

Day 2 and I'm alive... just :D

Had a stonking headache last night but think that was due to the sudden caffeine withdrawal (I'm a diet coke addict).

Had a vanilla shake which was nice enough, Thai chicken soup which was edible and the toffee/raisin bar which was OK. I think I'm going to be a shake person rather than a soup person!

Day 2 almost over, still hungry but hopefully my last vanilla shake will take the edge off it. Just starting to get the infamous headache and have also got cold toes tonight.

Well done to everyone on sticking with it so far, and good luck to all the newbies who started yesterday - would love to know how you are all doing 2 days in.

Look out day 3 we will conquer you with ease and roll on ketosis!

Hi
Today started as day 1 for me as we had a family 'do' that could not be missed - and I did not want to have to explain re food.
Well done to you all on day 2 and 3 - I am not looking forward to the headache! But, am so looking forward to wearing clothes that don't feel like they are attacking me!!

Lord Lulu - I have diet coke once in Ketosis, it does not knock you out of it :) Some find it unhelpful as it can make you hungry as your body expects food and it can distract you from the plan, but I understand re the need for caffiene!

I am having an early night + have bought Grazia to distract myself as am feeling hungry.
Here's to a good day tomorrow :D

Day two nearly over :)

The banana shake was nice enough (again, would be nice with burger and chips :D) the veg soup was edible, better than the chicken one, and the choc orange bar was OK. I think once I've got through the first months' packs I'm going to stick with shakes and bars as I can see myself beginning to dread the soups!

I've bought some of the Tesco Ultra Slim meal replacement bars (have read that they are a direct replacement for Exante bars), they were on offer at 2 boxes (there's 3 in a box) for £3.50 so 58p a bar.

Hi
Lord Lulu - I have diet coke once in Ketosis, it does not knock you out of it :) Some find it unhelpful as it can make you hungry as your body expects food and it can distract you from the plan, but I understand re the need for caffiene!

I probably needed to scale back on the diet coke anyway as was drinking up to 6 cans a day. Have bought some Dr pepper Zero to try but am planning on no more than one a day as a treat.

I'm re-starting this morning as well!

I've had just over a month off, and have been playing at it for weeks now, and I've been steadily gaining weight as well.

I'm actually too chicken to get on the scales, so I'll wait to see if I can have a good 100% TS week first and then check the damage.

It really is hard to get back on when you take a break! :eek:

I just restarted yesterday after about 6 weeks off - stopped for a fortnight while I was on holiday and struggled to get back into it - was good for a day or two then ate loads so it would be a case of....well I'll start again next week and on it went! Sounds like we've had a similar problem getting back into it

I decided to take the plunge and am quite shocked that I still weigh the same as when I came back my holidays so haven't actually added even more to it which was a major shocker!

Anyway, Christmas is coming and my big 40th party early next year so I need to shift this weight - will happen this time! :D

Day 3 nearly over and I'm still alive!

I've now tried all the shakes - they are all perfectly acceptable and I don't 'dread' drinking them like I do the soups! Today I had two shakes and a bar but I split the packs so I had 4 smaller shakes (although I used more water than a normal half shake would have).

The bar I had was a Tesco Ultra Slim choc one which I cut into little slices and nibbled on - double yum. MUCH nicer than the Exante bars so my next order will be shakes only and I'll get the Ultra Slim bars which according to the Tesco site are on offer til the latter part of December @ 2 packs of 3 for £3.50

Hope everybody else is in the zone too :D

I'm on day 3 of exante after a week of ll. I must say I'm struggling going from 4 packs a day on ll to 3, even if I split them. Not tried all the flavours yet, but the ones I have all seem very creamy but lacking in flavour, which doesn't bother me too much. Just seem to be clock watching alot until its time for next pack

Day 5 for me, feeling good, only had a headache on day 2. Had a sneaky peak on the scales and showing a loss of 9 lbs already so I'm very pleased. Just hope the weekend goes ok with kids at home and my partner as that's when the takeaway happens !

Morning all
Am loving the images you have on your signatures-a great visual inspiration.
So, day 4 starting for me, and woken up with bad headache :( so had vanilla shake & enormous glass of water. Going ok.....i have had some spoons of brocolli and raw sugar snaps but am in ketosis-- not being able to resist a green vegetable is worlds away from my usual weaknesses!! Mummyb33- amazing :) in 5 days!! You must be thrilled and lordlulu, well done- sticking to this is tough sometimes.
Have a great Saturday all:D

Last edited:
Weigh in day today for me...

I lost 7lbs which is fab and I am pleased with but I sneakily weighed myself on day 4 and I'd lost 6lbs so there's a hint of disappointment that I've 'only' lost a lb in the last three days. I guess it goes to show why I shouldn't weigh myself apart from on my set weigh in days (Mondays) :eek:

Hi everyone, weigh in day today and it's showing ten and a half pounds loss!!! Very happy with that. Hope your all doing well. X

Well done to both of you - amazing losses :D
Lord Lulu if you are losing 1 lb in 3 days that is 10lb a month which would add up to a great loss. I am really bad at hoping on the scales far too often, I am weighing in weds morning and trying hard to resist as I get downhearted if there is not a regular shift!
Here's to a really good week 2 x

Weighed in and -6lbs :)
My trousers are less of a battle today- have not put this pair on for a week.
Here's to a good week 2 x

That's great, you'll have to change your username to mrs-not-so-wobbly :D

Day 10 for me and still going OK. I think somebody on another thread summed it up when they said they felt 'empty' rather than hungry - same here. I am very impressed with myself though, don't think I've stuck to any diet 100% for this long. Although I've been on and off diets for years I'd always have a sneaky biscuit/crisps or something that wasn't 'allowed' on the diet - not so with Exante :)

Back