Is anyone successful doing SW at home instead of going to class?

alexisemma31

I'm thinking of just doing the plan at home and spending the money on joining the gym.

What I would save each month doing at home halves the cost of joining the gym, and I can't afford to do both.

Those of you that do it at home, do you struggle to stay on plan?

I do it from home, and i have found it pretty easy. Are you a strong person? Because i think you do need to be strict with yourself. If you have someone to do it with you, or even act as your consultant and weigh you every week that might help. One of the ways i cope is by planning the whole week, breakfasts, lunches, dinners and snacks and extra's. That way i only have to look at the chart on the fridge and hey presto! Good luck with whatever you decide! x

I also do SW from home as trying to fit in a meeting is impossible with things that I do an dont always have acess to the internet. I find that planning is the key with all your meals.
Being able to get support on here is also beneficial :D

Good luck in your decision!!

I'm another who does it from home...I find it easier and there's less reason not to carry on. For example if I had a bad week or suspected a gain I wouldn't want to go to class but at home I have Minimins to keep me motivated. There's quite a lot of us who weigh in at home so you won't be alone in it...have a nose at the weigh in forum, there are different threads for each day, so pick your weigh in day and jump in. (Sundays are great :D)

Thanks everyone, I think I'll give it a go.

I love going to the gym, and maybe my losses might be more if I'm exercising and swimming 3-4 times a week.

I was gunna do it online as its only £60 for 3months but after reading up on it I'm finding it quite confusing so I'm gunna be joining class now....x

Whatever you do just be positive and stick at it!!! At the end of the day it's what works best for you. x

I'm almost 12 weeks in now ... I weigh in at home on a Thursday morning which allows me to enjoy my weekends and then knuckle down from Mon-Wed if I need to ;)

A friend in work goes to class and doesn't get anything from it that I don't get from Minimins. All the support I need is right here!

I think you've been doing SW long enough now to recognise if you need class or whether 'us lot' will do ;) You know the plan inside out and I reckon you can do this from home easy peasy :)

xx

I'm almost 12 weeks in now ... I weigh in at home on a Thursday morning which allows me to enjoy my weekends and then knuckle down from Mon-Wed if I need to ;)

A friend in work goes to class and doesn't get anything from it that I don't get from Minimins. All the support I need is right here!

I think you've been doing SW long enough now to recognise if you need class or whether 'us lot' will do ;) You know the plan inside out and I reckon you can do this from home easy peasy :)

xx

Thanks Ali. You're quite right, I'm sure I'll get all the support I need on here!

I follow the plan from home with the support of the lovely ladies & gentlemen on minimins. It has worked for me but I can be my own worst critic & I am an all or nothing kind of person. Its worth a shot & if you have done slimming world before at least you know the plan well. That was the hardest part for me in the beginning

Good luck

I much prefer doing it on here, my C was really unhelpful and I have all the support I need on here :) It's nice to have that extra fiver to spend somewhere else in a week and I can now weigh in once every two weeks instead of weekly - it helps me stay on track as I don't fret so much about food and liquid weight the day before WI!

Good luck with slimming from home, we're all here to help :) x

Thanks everyone, you've all convinced me.

I know the plan really well, so no problems there.

I'm going to join the gym tomorrow night!

I do it from home too, and I don't feel that I'm missing out on anything, except maybe more up to date syn info, which I can get here if I am more dilligent...as for successful, well it's a lot slower than I'd like, but I'll get there!

I have never been to class or used the online "class", I am pretty happy with my weight loss, as I have said before, if you want to lose weight you will class or no class - if you don't no amount of classes will help, I have found joining in with the -mini goals- on this forum helpful ie lose X in March or join the 100% club etc, this forum is one of the friendliest forums online (and I work online so am pretty experienced) You get fab recipes handy hints and tips, all the support you could need, and a bleeding good giggle too :D

Totally agree with WelshCake, if you want to do it you can but you have to be strong! I'm doing it at home (as an online member) and am doing well and I like not having to go to class as they're not really my cup of tea. Good luck x

I don't go to class - I use an excel spreadsheet everyday to plan/record what I'm having and use minimins for anything I need to find out.......your best asset is your mindset! :D

I have always found that if I'm in the zone, I can lose weight with a class or alone. Years ago I lost 2 stone by myself just by cutting out crap - I didn't touch chocolate or crisps for 6 months and after a while I didn't miss them - and much later on (after I had rediscovered chocolate and crisps and put the weight back on pfft) I lost 2 stone with WW. But if I'm not in the right place, I won't stick to it whether paying to attend a class or not. Sadly I am not one of those people who are motivated by somebody eles weighing me.

I was planning to go it alone until after my holiday in a few weeks but now I can see how many people have managed to lose weight without a class I reckon I'll try for a bit longer. I really don't like SW meetings so I think I will think of Minimins as my group only without all the tedious clapping :D

Back