Is Cambridge Diet suitable for Muslims?

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by MissCampbell, 9 May 2008 Social URL.

1. MissCampbell

MissCampbell Full Member

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Hi
    Can anyone tell me if the CHWP diets are ok for a devout Muslim to use. There was a question in the FAQs on the homepage of Cambridge diet but it was regarding Ramadam. I would just like to reassure my customer that they would not be compromising their religion.
    I know someone here will know:)

Jane

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. sassey50kg

sassey50kg determined to be thin!

Have no idea, and nor it seems has anyone else :). Think you will have to ring headoffice to get the answer (prob best to get offical advice on it anyway)
    xx

4. dietingqueen

dietingqueen Gold Member

Start Weight:
    16st6lb
    Current Weight:
    10st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st3lb
    Lost(%):
    5st8lb(33.91%)
    Diet:
    weight Watchers now but did LL/CD
    I am a muslim, and I followed LL and than did a little CD too during maintaining... If the packs have the V ( vegetarian) mark on we can consume them! I did always go for vegi or sweet flavours, You cant use mix a mousse I think, but I would confirm exact with HO!

I know theres a Muslim CDC in west Yorkshire!

Nas x

5. Forever Slim

Forever Slim Cambridge Diet Counsellor

You can`t have chicken & mushroom soup, mix a mousse and the pasta meals.

6. MissCampbell

MissCampbell Full Member

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Thanks to Sassy, DietQueen and Forever Slim, I knew someone would have an answer. Just to make sure I will confirm with HQ, many thanks for replying.
    Janex

7. Soraya

Soraya Silver Member

Start Weight:
    12st11lb
    Current Weight:
    11st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st13lb(7.26%)
    Diet:
    Slimpod & Atkins
    I emailed CD when I wanted to try the mix a mousse and they said it was made of beef gelatine but not halal. Depends on how religous people are - some don't eat pork, some only eat halal and in the case of my brother some muslims are bacon butty addicts!

8. Shazpaz

Shazpaz Regular Member

Diet:
    South Beach
    LOL x

9. CW Consultant

CW Consultant Gold Member

Hi checked this out with Head Office today although not certified by the Halal body all the products except the mix a mousse, chick and mush soup and pasta are okay.

Last edited: 10 May 2008
Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.